allam pachadi recipe / Ginger Chutney, Andhra style is perfect combo of little sweet, little tangy and little hot with beautiful ginger flavor. How to prepare South Indian Ginger chutney- with step by step pictures.
Allam Chutney is very good to go with Dosa, Idly, Roties or it can served as condiment for any appetizers. Traditionally it is served with ‘Pesarattu’, moong dal dosa. Apart from its flavor and taste, it has tremendous amount of medicinal values. This is the foolproof method of maintain our digestive system.
This ginger chutney is good to be stored in the refrigerator for a week’s time.
Though the quantity in this recipe seems to be with lesser quantity, but it is good to be served for 2 persons. If you feel that the ginger is too much for you, add little water to dilute the ginger’s overpowering flavor.
Allam Pachadi, Ginger Chutney Andhra Stryle Recipe
Prep time : 5 min,
Cooking time : 10 min,
Yeild : Serves 2
Ginger 50 grams
Tamarind one small lemon size
Jaggery 1-2 tbsp
Green Chili 1
Red Chili 1(optional)
Fenugreek Seeds – ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp or as required
Ingredients For Seasoning:
Cooking Oil 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Urad Dal ½ tsp
How to make Allam Pachadi:
1. Remove skin and chop ginger. Shave jaggery if it is in the form of big blocks. Other than this you need green chilies, tamarind, fenugreek seeds and salt.
2. Grind all the ingredients like, ginger, green chili, red chili, tamarind, jaggery, fenugreek seeds and salt. Add little water at a time to obtain a chutney consistency.
3. Heat pan in medium flame, add a tsp of cooking oil(preferably gingelly oil). When the oil heats up, add mustard seeds followed by Urad dal. Wait till the mustard splutters.
4. Add ground raw ginger chutney to the pan.
5. Cook it in simmer to medium flame by stirring it occasionally.
6. Continue to stir it till oil gets separated from the chutney and reaches little thicker consistency. Remove it from the fire.
Serve with Pesarattu, Dosa, Idly or as condiment for the appetizers.
Serving Suggestions For Allam Pachadi:
1. Authentic way to be serve with pesarattu.
2. It is best to be served with Idly, Dosa, Chapathi.
Tips and Variations for Allam Pachadi:
1. Add more jaggery for the small children.
2. Increase or decrease the chilies from the recipe according to your choice.
Do also check for the recipe for Andhra Gonkura Pachadi.