Balsamic Green Bean Recipe, a healthy and fresh side dish, tossed with balsamic vinegar. A gorgeous and delicious side dish that your guest definitely will love.This Balsamic green bean recipe is dedicated to all the green bean lovers over there. How about having a dinner as this green bean as
How about having a dinner as this green bean as side dish and grilled chicken as main course? Do you want me to say how it is tasted? In one word I could say it is ‘heaven’. I’m not exaggerating it, this is how I felt while I had it. Every bite of grilled chicken alternated with this crunchy, tender green bean. It’s absolutely delicious.
While photographing this recipe, the beans were looking bland, I added few lines of mustard sauce. And nevertheless to say this combo really worked out and we liked it. Before getting into the recipe,
Few tips for making Balsamic green bean:
- Cook green beans until it is crisp and tender. Over cooking could spoil the taste and as well as it may destroy all the nutritional values. So, care should be taken for cooking it perfectly.
- After cooking, transfer the beans immediately to a bowl of cold water or run them in cold water. This step stops the cooking process immediately and avoids them becoming too soft.
- To make them more healthy, you may also steam the beans.
- For variations add any one or combo of these, garlic or fried onions or honey or butter. Each ingredient brings unique taste and flavor.
- Any grilled meat would perfectly match this side dish.
Balsamic Green Bean Recipe
- 1 lbs green beans
- 1/4 Cap Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt or as required
Rinse, clean and trim off both the ends of green beans.
In a pan add beans and water.
Bring it to boil and cook by covering it.
Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the beans are tender and crisp.
Drain it and run in cold water to stop it cooking further.
In the same pan and over medium heat add balsamic vinegar. Cook until it reduces to 2 tbsp quantity.
Now, add cooked green beans and salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes and until the vinegar coats the beans well.
Transfer it to the plate and serve.