I’m alone to have my lunch today and I don’t feel like cooking for myself. Sandwiches are my choice, for the lazy days, where I need not spend hours in cooking. Just slice the vegetables, put them inside a soft bread, yes we are done.
I planned to go with the cottage cheese (paneer) sandwiches with a little Indian twist. Cottage cheese can substituted with both meat and cheese. While I have this dish for the lunch, I will have Grilled Lemon Chicken for dinner.
As it has cheesy flavor and also meaty texture. Here, I no need to tell everyone about the goodness of Cottage cheese, everyone knows it already. It is a good source of calcium and protein, It is best for the people who are diet conscious(hehehe…I’m not into that category). I did prepared my sandwich today by following these step..
Easy Quick Cottage Cheese | Paneer Sandwich Recipe
Prep time : 5 min,
Cooking time : 5 min,
Yeild : Serves 1
Author : Pepper Bowl
2 slices of Bread(any)
2 tbsp of Coriander chutney (left over)
8-10 cubes of Cottage Cheese / Paneer
2 slices of Onion
2 slices of tomato
4 slices of Cucumber
2 leaves of Lettuce
2 slices of Capsicum / bell pepper
How to make:
1. My chopping board has, onion, tomato, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber, cottage cheese, left over coriander chutney.
2. Clean, wash and slice the veggies.
3. Saute cottage cheese in little oil with the drizzle of salt and pepper.
4. Keep the sauteed cottage cheese aside.
5. In the same pan, toast the bread with little olive oil.
6. Layer the bread by spreading the chutney and the sliced veggies. Let the cottage cheese / paneer to be on the top layer. Cover it with the other bread by pressing them little firmly.
7. Serve them with fries, if you are on the diet side, serve them with a salad. A super crisp and nice salad can also be prepared with the left over sliced veggies.
Do not discard the remaining sliced veggies, serve it as a salad with little salt and peeper.
I love to have this yogurt fruit salad as the side.