Green Peas Pulao Recipe satisfies everyone from the person who cooks to the person who eats. Very easy to make with minimal ingredients. The pleasant season spring and peas are inseparable. I love to use them in my recipes as much as I can with these fresh peas.
Peas always adds an extra value for the food. Peas Pulao is one of its kind. This is the perfect lunch box recipe which keeps everyone smile in their lunch hours. Conveniently it a great one pot meal that can be prepared hurriedly in the morning busy hours.
I made this Green Peas Pulao with regular rice, to make it more special, Basmati rice can also be opted. This recipe requires minimal ingredients too.
Green Peas Pulao, A Perfect Lunch Box Recipe
Prep time : 3 min,
Cooking time : 8 min,
Yeild : Serves 2
1 Cup of Rice
1/2 Cup of Green Peas
1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Green Chilies
2 tbsp of Curd / Yogurt
1″ of Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp of Butter
2 tbsp of Cooking Oil
2 Cups of Water
Salt to taste
How to make green peas pulav :
1. Wash and clean peas, chop onion, slit green chilies. Grind ginger and garlic together.
2. In the cooker add butter and cooking oil together, followed by bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Wait till it gets roasted in the oil.
3. Then add chopped onion, chilies, ginger garlic paste, and saute till the onion becomes soft and tender.
4. Then add peas and saute for 2 min, and curd and 2 Cups of water.
5. Add salt and rice. Test the salt by tasting few drops of this water mixture and adjust accordingly. Close the cooker lid and cook it in high flame for a whistle and simmer flame for 5-8 min, or till the rice gets cooked completely.
Once the pressure in the pressure cooker releases. Open it and serve Green Peas Pulao with a tangy vegetable salad or cucumber raitha.
Serve along with onion raitha, cucumber raitha, potato kurma.
Sprinkle few stalks of fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Tips and Variations:
Substitute peas with corn to make corn pulav, or any other vegetables.