Make these Home Made Buffalo Chicken, To avoid ready made Buffalo Chicken. Homemade recipes are always to be preferred for its reduced fat content.
‘Buffalo chicken’? it sounds weird when I first heard it. Whether it is beef? or giant size chicken pieces?, I was clueless when I first ordered it. But actually, it was regular fried chicken wings dipped in fiery hot sauce, but originated in a city called ‘Buffalo’ in New York. I think it is perfectly suited for Indian plates. My son loves to have in his pizzas, subs, wraps…He also pulls out big packs of ‘ready to eat’ from the store’s shelves.
To avoid processed food I made him this recipe, but with the little modification, I went with the chicken boneless thigh pieces. Homemade recipes are always to be preferred, as it is healthy and also we can reduce the fat content. This recipe always turns out well and ends up in finger licking.
Home Made Buffalo Chicken
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 7 min
Yield : Serves 4
1 Lbs of Chicken
4 tbsp of Maida / All purpose flour
4 tbsp of Bread Crumbs
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
1 tsp of Thyme(or any herb)
3 tbsp of Buffalo sauce
Oil for Frying
Salt to taste
How to make Home Made Buffalo Chicken:
1. Wash and clean the chicken and cut into medium size pieces..marinate with garlic, salt, and herbs for 30-45 min.
2. Whisk 2 eggs slightly in a bowl.
3. In another plate have maida and bread crumbs.
4. Now dip chicken pieces in the egg batter.
5. And dust the egg coated chicken pieces immediately in maida,
6. And again dust in bread crumbs…..remove excess flour.
7. Fry the chicken in oil for 3-4 min and in slow flame for about 5-6 min or till the chicken is done, by flipping them occasionally.
8. Drain the chicken out of the oil, when it becomes golden brown in color.
9. Toss the chicken strips well in buffalo sauce….
10. Serve it with ranch/mayo / blue cheese with celery sticks. Enjoy your boneless homemade buffalo chicken.