These hot pocket cookies are best for the tea time snacks. Crispier outer crust and spicy potato mix inside make this recipe wonderful.
Cookies are always everyone’s all time favorite. But we are not sweet toothed and always one step behind sweet cookies. This hot version of cookie is for the people like us. My honorable judge, my son, gave the enthusiastic certificate. I very rarely gets this type of acceptance, I’m honored. Stories apart, we dig into the recipe now.
Hot Pocket Cookies
Prep time : 1 min,
Cooking time : 13 min,
Yield : Serves 6
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup of Butter
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Salt
Any Spicier potato filling
How to make Hot Pocket Cookies:
1. Beat the Egg with the fork till it becomes fluffy enough. Take half of the egg separately, we can use this for brushing the cookies later.
2. To the remaining half of the egg, add butter and whisk again for another 2-3 min, till it becomes frothy. Add this add all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt to make the dough. It has to be ‘rolling out dough’ consistency. Keep it covered and rest them for 30 min to one hour.
3. Using rolling pin, roll them evenly and thinly in the flat surface. Dust them with flour, whenever necessary.
4. Using knife, divide them into equal square-shaped sheets. Keep small scoop of potato filling, on each square. If your dough is dry, just brush little water to make them slightly wet.You can also skip this process if your dough is little wet enough.
5. Cover the filling with another unused square sheet. Now use the fork, press them gentle and nice, so that both the sheets stick together. Repeat the process for all the sides. To make them as stuffed pockets.
6. Gently brush the top surface with egg(which was kept aside before preparing the dough). In 350 degrees Bake for 11-13 min, till the cookies become slightly golden brown in color.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and let it gets cooled. Now Hot Pocket Cookies are ready to be served with hot sauce or tomato ketchup.
1. Serve as a snack/appetizer.
2. It is a crowd pleaser recipe. So for the parties prepare this in advance. Reheat in an oven when required.
Tips and Variations for Hot Pocket Cookies:
1. Stuff the filling any of your choice.
The another easy and simple recipe, I want to share with you is Baked Tortilla Chip Recipe, Baked Peanuts. Which can be done without many efforts?
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Simple Pan Cake Mix Cookie Recipe, here in PepperBowl.