Masala Pori Recipe yields crispy and spicy snack. I love to have a bowl of masala pori to be my side when I watch horror or thrilling movies at home. Is it spicier or want to take a break in between your munchies, take a sip of coke? I’m telling you, you will be out of the world for sure 🙂
This snacking recipe is great nongreasy, low-fat evening snack and can be prepared in minutes. This is the basic preparation and can be customized to everyone’s taste.
It is crispy and spicy. I love to have a bowl of masala pori to be my side when I watch horror or thrilling movies at home. Is it spicier or want to take a break in between your munchies, take a sip of coke? I’m telling you, you will be out of the world for sure :).
Masala Pori Recipe
Prep time : 3 min
Cooking time : 3 min
Yield : Serves 4
2 Cups of Puffed Rice
1 tsp of Mustard
1 tsp of Urad dal/ Black Gram
1 stalk of Curry Leaves
2 tsp of Cooking Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 tsp of Turmeric
How to Make:
1. Crush garlic and curry leaves.
2. In a big pan add cooking oil, mustard seeds, black gram / Urad dal.
3. Once the mustard starts splutters, add crushed garlic and curry leaves followed by turmeric powder.
4. It’s the time for to add puffed rice….and just stir till for few seconds till the puffed rice becomes crispy.
5. Now a big bowl of masala coated crispy puffed rice snack ready.
Do not forget to check out another healthy recipe of Baked Peanuts, here in PepperBowl.
Tips and Variations for Masala Pori Recipe:
1. Add roasted peanuts or chutney dal to add crispy texture.
2. Test for the crispiness of the puffed rice before stirring. If it is not crispy, stir them in the hot pan for a couple of minutes, by stirring them constantly.
1. Serve as a tea time snack, add chopped cucumber, tomatoes or shredded cabbage finally to make this snack more healthy.