Oats Pepper Adai-Oats Dosa / Pancake, a recipe made with rolled oats/ old fashioned oats. Since they are whole grain oats, the properties of oats can be very well achieved in this recipe.
Nowadays, I’m slowly moving towards all the dietary facts and foods. If anyone feels like going for diet, then Oats is the first ingredient to start with. I’m not in an exception here. The moment, I feel like wearing my running shoes, Oats will start making its aroma in my kitchen.
Making oats this way will not spoil the texture of the oats. They stay soft and crispy. The roasted aroma of pepper and cumin seeds makes me feel like a ‘Prasadam’ offered in Hanuman Temple. If you wish, you can add slices of coconut to make it more crunchy, which also adds texture to this oats pepper pancakes/day.
Oats Pepper Adai-Oats Dosa-Pancake
Prep time : 5 min ,
Cooking time : 10 min ,
Yield : Serves 2
Rolled/Old Fashioned Oats – 1 Cup
Rice Flour – 1/4th Cup
Pepper – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 11/2 tbsp
Salt – 1/4th tsp or as required
Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
How to Make Oats Pepper Adai:
1. Using the food processor, slightly crush the rolled oats to them a coarse powder.
2. Dry roast pepper and cumin seeds. And crush them as well to the coarse powder.
3. In a mixing bowl, add crushed oats, crushed pepper, and cumin seeds. Add 2 tbsp of rice flour and salt.
4. Add the little water to combine them to make the slightly thick batter.
5. Heat pan on the stove in medium flame. Scoop a small 1/6th cup of batter and spread it evenly over the pan. If the spoons are not helping, then wet your hands with water, and spread them evenly with hands. Do not hurt yourself, Watch out and be cautious for the heat. Practice makes you become an expert. Drizzle a tsp of oil over one side.
6. Flip it on the other side, drizzle another half a teaspoon of oil and cook them on medium flame, until they turn stiff and crispy.
Oil can be avoided or minimized if you are using a nonstick pan for cooking. Serve Oats Pepper Adai for the breakfast or as a teatime snack.
1. Serving as the breakfast or serving them as a snack in the evening are the best options.Tips and Variations For Oats Pepper Adai:
1. For variations add chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves, coconut slices.
2. Add ghee/clarified butter when serving for the children.
3. Minimize the cooking oil when making it in the nonstick pan.