Semiya Upma Recipe / Vermicelli Upma Recipe
Prep time : 5 min,
Cooking time : 7 min,
Yeild : Serves 2
Author : Pepper Bowl
Vermicelli / Semiya – 1 Cup
Water – 1 1/4th Cup
Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Black Gram – 1 tsp
Onion – 1/2
Green Chili – 1
Red Chili – 1
Curry Leaves – 1 stalk
How to make:
1. Chop Onion, slit green chilies, wash curry leaves.
2. Roast Vermicelli in 1 tsp of oil till it becomes golden brown on all the sides and keep aside.
3. In a pan add oil, mustard, black gram, red chili and wait till mustard get splutter.
4. Then add onion, green chili and curry leaves and fry them till onion becomes pink and soft, in medium flame.
5. Then add 1 1/4 Cup water and bring it to boil. Now add roasted vermicelli, Salt and cook it in medium to slow flame till the water gets evaporated.
6. Then cook it for another 2-3 min in low flame till the vermicelli cooked completely and not sticky any more.
7. Transfer it to the serving bowl and serve Semiya Upma hot with pickles or chutneys.
1. Roasting the Vermicelli makes non stickier and firmer.
2. Add green peas or grated carrot for a variation.
Searching for other breakfast recipes? do check this Lemon Semiya.