The recipe for Baked egg bread slices yields crispy bread with soft baked egg. Perfect for the kiddos who struggles in the breakfast table. Can be baked for the entire family at a single stretch, which reduces standing time in the kitchen.
Serving for the children is always involved the tremendous amount of creative thinking. Serving them with regular bread and omelettes or scrambles or even french toast makes them boring.
If the children get fascinated every day with the food, there are more chances of making them eat food without much fuss and mess.
The making baked egg bread is a common recipe but serving is very unique. Be creative with the shapes and sizes for the children to have fun on the dining table.
The bread is crispy and melts in the mouth, the egg turned off soft and moist. Everyone in our family loved it. Can be made in the breakfast when everyone needs a small pep to start their day.
You may also like other kids friendly recipes like Nutella stuffed cake pops and butternut squash mac and cheese.
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and Line the baking tray. Arrange the bread slices.
2. Using the cookie cutter or any lids, cut the center of the bread slices. Carefully remove the chopped out portion.
3. Place the tray on the even surface. Break and drop an egg into the hole. Sprinkle salt. Sprinkle pepper or chili flakes if needed. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the egg is done completely. Serve hot.
Other breakfast dishes,
Baked Egg Bread Slices
- 4 bread slices
- 4 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper / red chili flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and Line the baking tray. Arrange the bread slices.
- Using the cookie cutter or any lids, cut the center of the bread slices. Carefully remove the chopped out portion.
- Place the tray on the even surface. Break and drop an egg into the hole. Sprinkle salt. Sprinkle pepper or chili flakes if needed. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the egg is done completely. Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions: Serving in the morning for breakfast, or as the snack in the teatime would be the ideal timings.
Tips and Variations Baked Egg Bread: Try adding different herbs, and different shapes to cut out the bread. While serving for the kids, be innovative in using different cutters, try using your kid's favorite characters cookie cutter to make them feel interesting.
Oh my goodness. You and I were on the same track with breakfast for children. Your toast with egg in the middle looks perfect and YUM!
Yeah Angie, being a mom we need to be a magician to the kids in serving their food. A regular food with a little twist!!
That's for sure, Sujatha. My little granddaughter changes her food tastes quickly. One day she likes a food. In a week she doesn't like it anymore. Keeps mommies (and this Grummy) on our toes, as we like to say in the South.
I wonder how your recipe would work on an electric griddle. I'll have to try that.
Hahaha..Unlike we, today's children are exposed to the world so widely. And their expectation also vrey high, make us really dance with the single foot. Yeah, I'm eager to know how it turns out in electric griddle. Do let us know the outcome.
I make something similar using my heart cookie cutter. My granddaughter loves them! Pinned and shared.
Glad we all are sailing in the same boat...love to surprise the kids all the time!
This is a perfect breakfast dish for kids, it was my kids favorite and I still enjoy one myself! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
Thanks for your lovely words Helen, We would meet real soon!!