Peanuts baked with warm Indian spices with added little sweet and tangy twist with Cranberries. Best as healthy snacks should be substituted for all junk foods.
Everyone knows that Peanut is a healthy snack, No one will deny it. The sweetness of the dried cranberries blended in Indian spices with the peanuts, do a mesmerizing magic. MD always prefers this for his cocktail party, this is the first bowl gets emptied in his party. Because of its high protein content, it is great for children too.
How to make:
1. Grease the baking tray or place aluminum foil on it. Add raw peanuts(with or without skin), then salt, Ajwain, Jeera powder and one teaspoon of oil. Mix it well, till the peanuts are slightly coated with the spices.
2. Spread the peanuts sparingly(this makes them get baked evenly). Bake it in the preheated oven for 250 degrees 15 min or until they are done. Slightly turn them for every 5 min, in the baking process.
3. I have added sweetened cranberries but raisins can be also used as its replacement. Mix both peanuts and cranberries when the peanuts are hot.
4. Serve Baked Peanuts as a snack. I used to have this when I feel very hungry in between my meals. They are good in maintaining the metabolism rate too.
- 1 lb Peanuts Raw
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries Dried
- 1 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Oil any
- 1 tsp Salt or as required
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking tray. Add raw peanuts, salt, ajwain, jeera powder and one teaspoon of oil. Mix it well, till the peanuts are coated well with the spices.
- Spread the peanuts. Bake for 20 min or until they are done.
- Remove from the oven and ,mix both peanuts and cranberries when the peanuts are hot.
- Serve Baked Peanuts as a snack.
1. Serve as a healthy snack.
2. Pack this protein rich snack when you are in move.
Tips and Variations:
1. Always have an eye on the oven, as unattended for a while can result burned down peanuts.
2. Mix peanuts with your trail mix for a variation.
3. Add dried fruits like dates, dried grapes, dried figs etc for more nutritional value.