Banana milkshake without ice cream can be prepared in minutes, easy, simple and It will be a great surprise for anyone with its richness. So the goodness of both banana and milk in one single awesome drink.
Children are always getting out of bed just a few minutes before school. And often we find them ending up with not a fulfilled breakfast. Solid food always gets struggled in the morning hours. I find this thick banana milkshake recipe as an instant energizer for the many.
Everyone's preference towards banana milkshake without ice cream is for its texture of the milkshake. Some do not wish to have their shakes with lumps on it.
But people like me always wishes to find the fruit chunks while drinking the shake. So, I pulse the blender for a few minutes till I see tiny banana chunks on my milkshake.
Add a large sized straw, if the shake is smoother and serves without a straw if they have chunks over it.
Learned how to make banana milkshake without ice cream? also, look into Kiwi Milkshake, Mango Smoothie, fresh kiwi juice, fresh homemade apple juice, could also have for filling feeling. Can provide instant energy because of its fresh fruit content.
The goodness of banana milkshake without ice cream
- The first and foremost advantage of this recipe that it is skinny. There are zillions of recipe for a banana milkshake but most of them are with ice cream, which is not suitable for everyone.
- This is healthy, a perfect milkshake for breakfast or mid-day meal.
- A filling and satisfying drink like this mango juice that is desirable for everyone in the family.
- This easy milkshake recipe without ice cream is very easy to make, just in few minutes, and no cooking involved like any other smoothie recipe.
- More possibilities for customizations and variations. You make give a whole new face by adding other fresh ingredients.
Milkshake vs smoothie
Some of you might be wondering what makes the milkshake differ from the smoothie. And this banana milkshake without ice cream sounds like a smoothie recipe, then why should not we call it as a banana smoothie.
- Milkshake, the name depicts its contents. It is made primarily of milk-dairy products. Whereas smoothie is made with yogurt.
- The ingredients of the milkshake are milk and fruits. The ingredients of the smoothie can include, grains, seeds, fruits, vegetables, greens, etc.
- Milkshake is considered as a snack. On the other hand, the smoothie is considered a meal because it is made with all the essential ingredients that suitable for making breakfast.
Key Ingredients for banana milkshake without ice cream
Banana. Theoretically, it is good to make with any banana, but I would suggest making with the ripen one that seen with black spots on its skin. This makes the milkshake smooth and silky, it does taste sweeter than the regular banana.
You have some banana that is getting ripen in the kitchen counter. No worries, peel the skin off and throw them in the airtight sealed containers and freeze them for future use. You can use these to make milkshake whenever needed.
Milk. You may the milk which you regularly use. The recipe does not restrict the milk. It can be low-fat milk, 2%, 1%, or whole milk. The milk is the binding agent, and you can choose accordingly.
Vegan may opt for plant-based milk like almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk.
Sugar. The ripen bananas are sweet enough that this banana milkshake without ice cream does not require any additional sweetener.
But you prefer, you may use natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
Or you may use palm sugar, coconut sugar to make this nutrient-rich.
Spice. Cinnamon and banana are inseparable and balances well with each other. Pure vanilla extract mimics the ice cream flavor and enhances the taste as well. You may use both pure vanilla extract and cinnamon, or anyone of them. There is no strict rule for adding the spices, you craft yours according to the individual preference.
Printable recipe card
Banana milkshake without ice cream
- 1 banana
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon sugar or as required
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- To the blender jar, add banana, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- Pulse until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer to tall glass, add the milkshake and top with chocolate syrup and icecubes.
Don't forget to check out another Drinking recipe,try this Mango Lassi, here in PepperBowl.
1. Serve it in the evening or as a healthy breakfast.
2. Sprinkle chocolate shavings or add chocolate syrup when you are serving kiddos.
3. Dried nuts can also be added to make it a wholesome food.
Tips and Variations for Banana Milk Shake Recipe:
1. Allow the milk to be cooled or bring it to room temperature while adding a banana.
2. Remove ice cream scoop if you do not prefer it.
Do not miss latest recipes and its tips, Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Leave a Reply