Banana Shortbread is perfect for me in breakfast with Orange Juice. It kicks start recipe for my entire day.
Banana shortbread comes to my mind when 3 overripe bananas were staring at me from the kitchen counter. This shortbread recipe requires a little more banana than other recipes.
This bread makes my job easier in feeding my son in the morning busy hours. 2 slices of this bread and a glass of orange juice, makes a perfect breakfast for my family. This banana moisty shortbread did turn out well, with flavors of both bananas with vanilla.
Vanilla essence can also be substituted with half a teaspoon of nutmeg powder or half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
How to make Banana shortbread
1. Place a big mixing bowl on the kitchen counter. Break eggs and pour them into a bowl. And whisk till it becomes soft and fluffy.
2. Now add flour, followed by cocoa powder and whisk it again with blender preferably. Make sure it does not have any lumps.
3. Mash the banana with hands, and add it to the mixing container. Whisk again till no visible lumps.
4. Grease and dust baking tray, and pour the above mixer/blender. And bake it in the preheated oven for 350° for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. My choice of having this moist banana shortbread for my breakfast.
- 1 cup mashed bananas without any chunks
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree farenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, peel open a banana. And mash it finely with a fork. And set aside.
- In the stand mixer, add butter and sugar and whisk unilt stiff peak forms.
- Then add flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and mashed banana.
- Combine till the ingredients incorporated well with the butter and forms a sticky dough.
- Grease tart pan tray, and transfer the dough. Spread them evenly and slice then into 16 equal-sized portions.
- And bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pan. Cut through the slices we made earlier.
- Cool completely and serve.
Serve them along with coffee or cold milk or orange juice.