Beetroot juice recipe? Do we need a recipe for making juices at home? Well, you sometimes need a vegetable like Beetroot. It has an earthen flavor and tastes delicious when combined with other veggies.
So, knowing the preferable combination of vegetables perfectly blended with beets is essential.
Here, we see all about beetroot, its health benefits, how to buy and store it, and all the possible vegetable combos for juice preparation.
This beetroot juice recipe yields eye-catching colored juice and has many health benefits.
The preparation of the beetroot juice recipe is straightforward. Cucumbers and carrots added to this recipe make it more flavorful. And those who are fussy about beetroot will also start loving this juice because of its color and taste.
Benefits of Beetroot:
Many articles and studies are on the web about its health benefits. And the benefits we get from this vegetable are also many; the essential benefits are
- Beetroot has antioxidant(alpha-lipoic acid), which helps to lower the glucose level.
- It reduced Blood Pressure Levels.
- It boosts brain power.
- It treats anemia and much more.
How to buy?
Excellent and fresh beetroot are available with their leaves. The leaves would be new and crisp. And beets look firm and vibrant dark purple-red.
Many times, beet is also available without its greens. Still, they are also good in quality. As a thumb rule, always look out for a firm, vibrant, round vegetable and not a soggy, wrinkled vegetable.
How to Store?
Beets with their leaves are suitable to store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. At the same time, leafless beet can be stored in a fridge for 2-3 weeks. Freezing the vegetable can be done if you are planning to cook/make juice.
However, freezing them for salad recipes is not good, as they become soft when thawed.
Hint: I always chop off its greens and refrigerate it for about 2-3 weeks. This method is helpful for recipes like salad, juice, and cooking. For this beetroot juice recipe, the beets can be fresh or frozen(perfectly thawed to room temperature).
Notes before making this recipe:
- Beets have natural sweeteners, so adjust the quantity of sugar according to it.
- We get thick beet juice and adjust the water according to your preferred consistency. (I like to have a thicker consistency, so I would not add water much).
- After extracting the juice, the leftovers need not be discarded. As it still has all the health benefits, use them as the thickening agent for making patties, etc.
- Cucumbers and carrots are added to this recipe, making it more healthy and tastier.
Printable recipe card
Beetroot juice Recipe
- 1 beetroot
- 2 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- Wash and clean beet, carrot and cucumber. Peel them up and chop of head and tail.
- Cut them into small cubes.
- In a blender / mixer grinder add beet, carrot, cucumber pieces along with sugar and water.
- Grind it until all the veggies mashed up completely.
- Use strainer to filter clear, pure juice.
- Adjust sugar and water at this stage.
- Add ice cubes to serving glasses.
- Add beet juice and Serve cold.
Tips and Variations beetroot juice recipe:
- Try adding other vegetables like celery, tomato, etc.
- Instead of sugar in this recipe, add lemon juice and salt. And this salty version also equally tastes good.
- Beets may look smaller, but after chopping, the quantity seems enormous. So, decide on beetroot quantity after peeling and dicing.
- If you wish not to discard the fiber, grind until the veggies become smooth, add milk/water, and make the smoothie.
- Throw a few coriander/parsley leaves to make it a different flavor.
Serving Suggestion for Beetroot Juice Recipe:
- It is better to serve in the daytime as a mid-day meal.
- Serve in tall glasses with loads of ice cubes. A few sips in between your work are energy boosters.