Best homemade Iced coffee recipe, if it is super easy to make? Make these iced coffee cubes in large batches and freeze it. Whenever needed take out few cubes and add just milk. Sounds real simple and easy right? Wish to know how it can be made real quick and easy? Let us proceed how to make it..
I always try to avoid processed food as much as I can. Do we really know the preservatives / additives present in every food package we buy outside. How they really affects our body. We really do not know the Jargon words behind the package.
So, why do we need to burn our pockets and spoil our health, when we can get the same taste with our homemade recipes.
For making iced coffee, you may use any coffee flavor you like, either it can be anything available in the market. Make in large quantity to accommodate your ice cube trays. Bring it to the room temperature. And pour them in the individual slots. Freeze for minimum for 3 hours. Now iced coffee machine is ready, right in your kitchen.
To remove the ice cubes easily, run the tray in warm water for few seconds. Or you may use silicon ice cube trays for easy removal of the cubes. But they are little expensive than the regular ice cube trays, but worth the investment.
Other tips for using this recipe.. You can ice coffee cubes with the left over coffee you made or even with the Starbucks coffee you have bought.
For brewing, you may use your machine you are comfortable with, it can be either Keurig or other coffee filters.
You may add these coffee cubes, to the regular coffee too. The same method can also be used for making iced tea. Other uses of the ice cube tray, you can store fruit juices, herbs etc.
Best Homemade Iced Coffee Recipe
- 2 Cups Coffee
- 1 Ice Cube Tray
- 2 tsp Sugar or as required
- Brew your coffee following your regular procedure.
- Add sugar as per you requirement. But this step depends upon your personal choice and this is purely optional.
- Bring it down to room temperature.
- Pour them into the individual slots of the tray.
- Freeze it for the minimum for 3 hours.
- Whenever you need, In a serving glass, add coffee cubes as per your choice.
- Add cold milk. And Serve
Tips and Variations:
1. You may use, left over coffee you made. Or the excess of store bought coffee.
2. The same way, you can use for making iced tea.
3. If you do not want to add milk, make the coffee to be slightly concentrated. And ice cold water while serving.
Serving Suggestions Homemade Iced Coffee Recipe:
Tall serving glasses are perfect for this recipe.