Cajun breakfast cups with bread and egg with spinach, green peppers, tomato, onion, and of course, Cajun seasoning. A delicious bite-sized finger food perfect for breakfast on go. Consumes very lesser time than conventional cooking.
Cajun breakfast cups may sound like a difficult recipe, but it is just a small twist to your regular breakfast style.
Instead of toasting the bread and making egg omelets separately, we arrange everything together into small bite-sized cups. These adorable cups definitely bring a smile to everyone's faces.
Another surprising element in this baked breakfast cups recipe is the Cajun seasoning. Its mildly spiced flavors boosts up the flavors that no one can resists.
Added to this, the leftovers can be frozen for later use. You may also make in large quantities and store them.
- Any variety of bread can be used for this Cajun breakfast cups, use whole wheat bread to make this healthy. Here I have used honey wheat bread. Multigrain bread and white bread also tastes evenly good.
- I have removed the brown sides of bread. But you may leave them as it is.
- I used spinach, onion, green peppers, tomato along with eggs. But you can use any choices of vegetables like a mushroom, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Sprinkling cheese on the top would give more taste and flavor. But I have not used cheese in this recipe.
- Making single serve Cajun breakfast cups? or do not want to use your muffin tins for baking? use your own oven-safe bowl for baking.
- Add more eggs, if you prefer to. And it does taste yummy as well.
- Chop spinach leaves, if they are large.
- I used just salt and pepper for seasoning. Vegetables added to this recipe are good enough to bring the flavors. But you may add your seasoning herbs.
- Every oven is different so do check in between cooking time, to avoid any disappointments.
How to make Cajun breakfast cups
Preheat oven to 350°C.
Cut the crust of the bread. Using a rolling pin to flatten them up gently.
Arrange each bread slices into each muffin slot. Take care as bread tends to break and tear easily.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs and whip them until it becomes frothy. Then add chopped onion, tomato, spinach leaves, green peppers, salt, and pepper. And mix thoroughly until everything gets blend with each other.
Pour egg mixture into each bread cup and pop them into the oven immediately.
And bake it for about 20-25 minutes or until it is done.
Seve Breakfast cups with ketchup/sauce.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Cajun potato wedges
- Crispy baked eggplant
- Bread pizza on pan
- Garlic pull-apart bread
- Spicy appetizer recipes
Cajun breakfast cups
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Cut the crust of the bread. Use rolling pin to flatten.
- Arrange bread slices into each muffin slot.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and whip them until it becomes frothy. Then add chopped onion, tomato, spinach, green bell peppers, Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper. And mix thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture into each bread cups and pop them into the oven immediately.
- And bake it for about 20-25 minutes or until it is done.
- Seve Breakfast cups with ketchup/sauce.