If you are searching for super quick n delicious recipes after a tiresome day? 'Brinjal Capsicum Subzi', would come to a super rescue. No need for any extra masalas, as capsicum, brings out excellent flavor to this dish.
It's always a hectic moment to overcome when we are super tired/lazy yet our family is expecting something special. There are few recipes, which could really satisfy both of these parties. And this dish is one among it.
This recipe is best suited for the large size brinjal, but if you have smaller, softer, seedless varieties, feel free to try your hands. These eggplants respond to the heat immediately, so very high flame could burn them outside and uncooked inside and vice versa.
Thinking of adding few flavoring agents? No need to add any extra flavors or masalas, as the capsicum brings out excellent flavor to this dish. Serving with curd is an excellent option, as this dish is a dry version of side dish.
I love to roll them with roties and to have curd as a dip, nothing can beat this version, according to me.
How to make Brinjal capsicum Subzi
1. Chop onion. Cut eggplant into small cubical sizes. They tend to change the color quickly, so use them immediately as soon you chop or drop them in a bowl of water for later use. Cut capsicum into small cubical sizes resembling eggplant chopped sizes.
2. In a nonstick pan, add 2 tbsp of oil followed by fennel seeds. Then add chopped onion and saute them till they turn pink and translucent. Then add chopped capsicum and saute for a minute.
3. Add chopped eggplant and saute further for another couple of minutes. Now add salt and chili powder and cook it in medium flame.
4. Add another tbsp of cooking oil, when it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook it in medium flame till eggplants becomes softer and cooked completely in the center.
The eggplant should not go soggy and should retain their shape. So, take care, not to over cook and turn this recipe to a mushy curry. Stir it occasionally, to get cooked on all the sides.
Serve Brinjal Capsicum Subzi with Roties / Chapathies. Serving along with a cup of curd, topped with salt and a pinch of chili powder, would make you a wonderful dinner.
Brinjal Capsicum Subzi
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 baby eggplant /brinjal
- 1 green pepper / capsicum
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- Over medium heat, in a nonstick pan, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fennel seeds.
- Once the fennel seed's color slightly changes, add chopped onion.
- Saute until the onion becomes soft and tender.
- Now add chopped eggplant, green pepper, red chili powder, and salt.
- In low heat, cover with a lid and cook until eggplant becomes soft and done in the center. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with rice or roti.