‘Cabbage Subzi’ is a delicious way to make the everyone to eat cabbage. According to Wikipedia, cabbage has beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and Fiber.
It also adds “cabbage is a source of indole-3-carbinol, a chemical that boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells.” So, it is a best practice to include cabbage in our diet very often. This cabbage sabzi is the best combo for roti / chapathi.
- 1 Lb Cabbage
- 1 Onion Medium Size
- 1 Tomato Medium Size
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Everest Kitchen king Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Shred cabbage, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic.
- Add oil to the pan followed by fennel seeds and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Add onion, tomatoes followed by ginger garlic till it becomes thick pulp.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, dhania powder, and garam masala powder. Mix them well to get the cabbage coated with masalas. Cover the pan with the lid and simmer the flame. By stirring occasionally cook it till cabbage becomes soft and tender.
- Serve the Cabbage Subzi hot with roti..
Do not forget to check out the basic recipe for making Roties, here in PepperBowl.
Tips and Variations:
1. Add green peas and grated carrots if you are looking for little variation.
2. And few drops of lemon juice to add the little zing to the recipe.
Serving Suggestions for Cabbage Subzi:
Serve it with roti, parathas along with a chili powder drizzled a cup of curd.