This recipe of Cantaloupe juice is a double refreshment for summer, with added mint. The flavor and the color are the highlights of this recipe.
Whenever I prepare Cantaloupe Juice, I always speak about my Dad. My dad became a sincere chef by seeing this firm fruit. Watching him as a chef making this juice like a big ceremony is lovely.
He sits in the center of the living room with the fruit, of course, and asks everyone in our family to help him out; he calls my brothers to bring knives, calls me to get plates, calls my mom to bring glasses, ice cubes... everyone will stand on their toes till he completes this elaborate ceremony.
My brothers are scared a little, as they have to be at the back of him till the entire process, leaving their evening playtime. But sure, we will be gifted with delicious delights at the end. Now, my nieces took my role in my absence, enjoying the same affection from my Dad.
I think cantaloupes are loaded with flavor and color but slightly lacking in sweetness. So, it needs a little more sugar than any other fruit. I have also added mint to enhance its deliciousness.
You may check this cutting tutorial for cantaloupes.
Apart from this tasty drink, I have posted another unique recipe for "Dragon Fruit Milk Shake." Do check this out, too.
How to make Cantaloupe Juice:
1. Half of the regular-sized fruits can make up to 2 glasses of juice, so plan it accordingly.
2. Cut the cantaloupe, discard the seeds, scoop out the fruit, and whisk it in the blender with sugar and mint. Do not over-grind the fruit, as it tends to become a paste. Adjust sugar according to your taste.
Serve it with ice cubes and ice cold water. You close your eyes and sip this cantaloupe juice; you can feel Himalayan peaks in front of you.
Printable recipe card
- 1 cantaloupe
- ¼ cup sugar optional
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 mint leaves
- Half of the regular sized fruits can make up to 2 glasses of juice.
- Cut the cantaloupe, discard the seeds and scoop out the fruit.
- To the blender jar, add the flesh, sugar, and salt. Pulse for a minute, with little chunks on. Do not over grind the fruit, as it tends to become the paste.
- Transfer to tall serving glasses , top it with ice cubes and mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
Serve chilled with ice cubes. Refrigerate for 1 hour for more taste.
Tips and Variations for Cantaloupe Juice:
The mint flavor may be overpowering if added more, so add accordingly.
To make more healthy, reduce the sugar content.