This recipe of Cantaloupe juice is double refreshment for summer, with added mint. The flavor and the color are the highlights of this recipe.
Whenever I prepare Cantaloupe Juice, I always speak about my Dad. My dad becomes a sincere chef by seeing this firm fruit. It's love to watch him as a chef making this juice like a big ceremony.
He just sits in the center of the living room with the fruit of course and asks everyone in our family to help him out, calls my brothers to bring knives, calls me to bring plates, calls my mom to bring glasses, ice cubes... everyone will stand on their toes till he completes this elaborate ceremony.
My brothers scare a little, as they have to be at the back of him till the entire process leaving their evening playtime. But sure we will be gifted with delicious delights at the end. Now, my nieces took my role in my absence, enjoying the same affection from my Dad.
In my opinion, cantaloupes are loaded with flavor and color but slightly lacking in sweetness. So, definitely, it needs little more sugar than any other fruits. I have also added mint to enhance its deliciousness.
You may check this cutting tutorial for cantaloupes.
Apart from this tasty drink, I have posted yet another unique recipe of "Dragon Fruit Milk Shake", do check this out too.
How to make Cantaloupe Juice:
1. Half of the regular sized fruits can make up to 2 glasses of juice, so plan it accordingly.
2. Cut the cantaloupe, discard the seeds and scoop out the fruit, whisk it in the blender with sugar and mint. Do not over grind the fruit, as it tends to become the paste. Adjust sugar according to your taste.
Serve it with ice cubes, ice cold water. You close your eyes and have a sip of this cantaloupe juice, you could feel Himalayan peaks in front of you.
- 1 cantaloupe
- ¼ cup sugar optional
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 mint leaves
- Half of the regular sized fruits can make up to 2 glasses of juice.
- Cut the cantaloupe, discard the seeds and scoop out the fruit.
- To the blender jar, add the flesh, sugar, and salt. Pulse for a minute, with little chunks on. Do not over grind the fruit, as it tends to become the paste.
- Transfer to tall serving glasses , top it with ice cubes and mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
Serve chilled with ice cubes. Refrigerate for 1 hours for more taste.
Tips and Variations for Cantaloupe Juice:
Mint flavor may be overpowering if added more, so add accordingly.
To make more healthy, reduce the sugar content.