This Chinese Garlic Chicken Recipe is a popular Chinese recipe which everyone will love this flavor. This tastes super delicious when served with rice, roti, naan, and noodles.
Indian restaurants always have a special place for these Asian recipes in their menu card. In India, the authentic Chinese dishes are customized to suit the Indian palate. And hence, there might be a wide difference between the original and the Chinese dishes available in India. The same fact applies in this Chinese Garlic Chicken recipe as well.
The Indians loves the newly evolved taste of Chinese food from its origin and its history. And they continue to love, patronage and support them to the core.
Chinese garlic chicken soaked in the garlic sauce is sticky, sweet, sour. A perfect combination of taste that should definitely to try out. So, why wait? bring home the Chinese restaurant for this Weeknight dinner. I’m sure that you would not regret and this is absolutely better than the Asian take out.
This Chinese chicken recipe is the easiest one for those who want to start experimenting the Chinese cuisine.
- This Chinese garlic sauce is humble that perfectly pairs up with any dishes.
- It can be a good appetizer to start the meal or works fine when served as a side dish. Your main dish becomes a fancy meal when served with this sweet and hot Chinese garlic chicken.
- The main meals like rice, noodles will get an instant facelift, I would strongly suggest trying this world popular Chinese garlic chicken.
- And to add more, it also tastes great when served with Indian bread. No doubt why this recipe become popular in India in a quick span of time.
- The Indian restaurants serve this with paratha and naan.
- And simple rice would be the ideal match.
- If you prefer higher fiber and protein, think of serving with brown rice or quinoa.
- Any main course which is mild plays as a brilliant blend, that you could always expect when serving Chinese garlic chicken stir fry.
- For those who prefer low carb meals, cauliflower rice, broccoli rice is the ultimate variation.
- Serving with the big bowl of vegetables is a healthy choice. For this, steam a big bowl of broccoli, carrots and green beans. This vegetable teams up great remarkably, If I think of genuine meals, this combo pops up in my mind.
How to make this family friendly?
I know it is very difficult to serve a single new dish for everyone in the family. The kids and the adult have different taste. And it is always a tougher task to choose and make the one recipe which suits them all.
This recipe of Chinese garlic chicken becomes popular among families because of its adaptability to the potentiality to convert to suit different palettes.
- If some of your family members are not comfortable with this Chinese style garlic sauce, then serve them with the fried chicken alone. To do this, reserve some fried chicken before adding to the sauce.
- If you feel like this sauce sounds overpowering, then you can mellow down by serving with rice.
- No matter, what you choose as the pairing dish, this tastes DELICIOUS.
Variations that you could try
- If you make for the party or potluck, dwell the chicken pieces in more garlic sauce. The sauce which is so much easier to make, increase the quantity of the dish in no time.
- For thicker and for larger quantity adjust corn flour/starch.
- You can also be substituted with mushroom, paneer, and deep-fried cauliflower in the recipe for Chinese Garlic Chicken.
- For the heat, add more green chilies.
Chinese Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Fried Chicken
- 2 tbsp Onion cubed
- 2 tbsp Capsicum cubed
- 2 tbsp Tomato cubed
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce
- In the low flame, heat oil in the pan, add minced garlic. And saute for a minute, till it slightly changes its color.
- Dilute cornstarch in half a cup of water. Then add diluted corn starch, followed by soy sauce and red chili sauce.
- Stir continuously for 2-3 min, make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. This mixture tends to become thicker, so keep the stove in simmer flame. This avoids getting any lumps.
- Now add diced onions, capsicum tomatoes.
- and add fried chicken pieces.
- And serve hot Chinese Garlic Chicken with noodles, Roti/Chapathi, naan parathas etc.,
1. Serve Chinese chicken with garlic sauce as the appetizer or as a dish for fried rice, noodles, roti/chapathi.