Making a chicken seekh kabab recipe at home is always a tasty moment. Sundays may be leisure days for others in the family, but it's double duty for the moms where we cannot escape with some simple menu.
Moms are expected to do gimmicks and magic to come out with surprising items from the kitchen. When I called out 'Chicken Seekh Kabab' for today's menu, everyone in our family nodded enthusiastically.
This is an inspirational recipe of seekh kabab served in our local Pakistani restaurant. I have added more coriander to overcome the chicken smell.
How to make Seekh kabab
1. Soak the Skewer sticks for 30 min to 1 hour in the water; this makes it not get burnt while baking in the oven.
2. Clean and wash the ground chicken; you can also use the filter for easier cleaning. Drain and squeeze out the excess water.
3. Add chopped coriander, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, bread crumbs, egg, and salt.
4. Mix it like a thick dough. If the dough is a little watery, adjust with the bread crumbs.
5. Take a skewer and a handful of chicken dough, insert the skewer between your dough, and gently move your hand with the skewer to form an even seekh kabab. Spray or drizzle cooking oil over it.
And bake it for approximately 15 min at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven.
Serve it as an appetizer with a raw vegetable salad or coriander raita.
Other chicken recipes,
- Tandoori grilled chicken
- Lemon coriander chicken
- Coriander chicken curry
- Chicken kurma
- Chicken recipes
Printable recipe card
Seekh kabab recipe
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 1 cup coriander leaves /cilantro-chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degreen farenheit.
- Soak the Skewer sticks for 30 minutes in water, this makes not to get burnt while baking in the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground chicken, chopped coriander, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, bread crumbs, egg, and salt.
- Combine well and make it like a thick dough. If the dough is little watery adjust with the bread crumbs.
- Take a skewer stick and handful of chicken dough, insert the stick in between your dough, and try to move your hand gently along with the stick for form an even seekh kabab.
- Spray the cooking oil over it. And bake it for approximately 15 minutes or until the center of the kabab is done.
- Serve hot with salad or raita.
Tips and Variations Seekh Kabab Recipe:
You can also add any fruits of your choice.