The Green color of this Coriander Chutney itself endorses that it is very healthy. This recipe can be used in multiple ways, as a side dish for Idlis, dosas, as a spread for bread sandwiches, in chat verities.
Fresh Coriander leaves have the property of purifying the blood. And it is better to add it regularly in our diet. It is interesting chutney which can be adapted to any cuisine, I love to have a spread for pizza, bread sandwich, as a sauce for pasta.
The spring season brings tons of fresh coriander leaves to the market for cheaper prices. Try is multi-faceted chutney for a healthy life.
This chutney can also be used as a spread for making coriander spread sandwiches. It best pairs up with oothappam, Idlies, Roties, Biryani, Rice.
- 1 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp Black Gram / Urad dal
- 1 Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Tamarind thick extract
- 2 Grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as required
- In the heated oil in the pan add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chili, asafoetida, tamarind and finally grated coconut.
- Now it is the time for to add cleaned slightly chopped coriander stalks.
- When all these ingredients come to room temperature, grind it in the mixer/blender and now it is ready to be served all with any main course of food.
1. Serve it along with Idlis, Dosas, Pongal, rice.
2. Can also be used as a spread for bread sandwiches.
3. Can be used as a green chutney in chat varieties.
Tips and Variations for Coriander Chutney Recipe:
1. Make it little watery, if you are serving with Idlis and dosas.
2. Add sauteed onions, if you are planning for more quantity.
3. Lime juice can also be substituted with tamarind in this recipe.