Corn Pasta Recipe easy recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Planning to make a vegetarian Pasta recipe tonight? and fed up searching a perfect recipe? I'm sure, you have landed on the right page of the recipe for 'Creamy Corn Bow Tie Pasta'.
Planning to make a vegetarian Pasta recipe tonight? 'Creamy Corn Bow Tie Pasta' could be your perfect choice. The creamy look is really a visual treat for the eyes, a perfect tasty feast for the mouth.
I believe in the concept that, the food has to satisfy the eyes first then followed by mouth. The crumbled look of bow tie pasta is perfectly doing its job to follow the above concept.
Some small tips are essential to get perfect pasta all the time. Tip number one is, do not add oil while boiling pasta, as it could form a coat and avoid it from combining with the flavors. Tip number two, cook it 1-2 minute more if you prefer softer pasta.
Peas are optional in this recipe, I have added as it would give some contrast color and texture to the dish.
How to make corn paste
1. Cook pasta as per the package's direction. Along with this add green peas and sweet corn kernels. If you prefer to have softer pasta like mine, then allow boiling for another 1-2 minutes. Run through cold water, to avoid it from cooking further. Drain and leave it aside.
2. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add butter and then chopped garlic. Once the butter melted, add arrowroot flour/ cornflour and in simmer flame fry till the flour incorporated with the butter.
3. Then slowly add 2% milk and in medium flame, mash the lumps with a ladle if any, to form a thick paste, add dried basil leaves.
4. And continuously stir till it becomes thicker consistency like in this picture. Adjust with the milk for desired consistency. Switch off the flame and now add dijon mustard sauce and stir again. Add kept aside pasta, green peas, and corn kernels.
5. Again in the simmer flame, combine all the added ingredients with this sauce. Make sure the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Finally, add grated cheese and serve.
Corn Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups pasta bow tie
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup corn kernals
For the sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- In a big pot, add water and bring it to boil.
- Add pasta and cook as per its package direction.
- Strain the pasta and transfer to a bowl. And set aside.
- In the same boiling water, add peas and corn kernels and cook for 6 minutes or until it is done.
- Strain and set aside.
For the sauce
- Over medium-low heat, place a pan and add butter.
- Now add all purpose flour and stir continously till the flour blends well with butter.
- Then add milk. Stir in and mash the lumps with ladle if any.
- Cook until it turns into a thick flowy consistency.
- Switch off the heat and now add dejon mustard, pasta, green peas, corn kernals, basil, salt, and cheese.
- Stir well until pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- And serve.
Tips and Variations for Corn Pasta Recipe:
Add your favorite vegetables or shredded chicken for different flavors.