Corn Pasta Recipe is an easy recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Are you planning to make a vegetarian Pasta recipe tonight? and fed up searching for a perfect recipe? I'm sure you have landed on the right page for the 'Creamy Corn Bow Tie Pasta recipe.
Planning to make a vegetarian Pasta recipe tonight? 'Creamy Corn Bow Tie Pasta' could be your perfect choice. The creamy look is a visual treat for the eyes, a perfect tasty feast for the mouth.
I believe that food has to satisfy the eyes first, followed by the mouth. The crumbled look of bow tie pasta is perfectly doing its job to follow the above concept.
Some small tips are essential to get perfect pasta all the time. Tip number one is not to add oil while boiling pasta, as it could form a coat and prevent it from combining with the flavors. Tip number two: Cook it for 1-2 minutes more if you prefer softer pasta.
Peas are optional in this recipe; I have added them as it would give some contrasting color and texture to the dish.
How to make corn paste
1. Cook pasta as per the package's direction. Along with this, add green peas and sweet corn kernels. If you prefer softer pasta like mine, allow it to boil for another 1-2 minutes. Run through cold water to prevent it from cooking further. Drain and leave it aside.
2. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add butter and then chopped garlic. Once the butter is melted, add arrowroot flour/ cornflour, and on a simmering flame, fry till the flour is incorporated with the butter.
3. Then slowly add 2% milk, and in medium flame, mash the lumps with a spoon if any, to form a thick paste, and add dried basil leaves.
4. And continuously stir until it becomes thicker, like in this picture. Adjust with the milk for desired consistency. Switch off the flame and now add Dijon mustard sauce and stir again. Add kept-aside pasta, green peas, and corn kernels.
5. Again, in the simmering flame, combine all the added ingredients with this sauce. Make sure the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Finally, add grated cheese and serve.
Printable recipe card
Corn Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups pasta bow tie
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup corn kernals
- In a big pot, add water and bring it to boil.
- Add pasta and cook as per its package direction.
- Strain the pasta and transfer to a bowl. And set aside.
- In the same boiling water, add peas and corn kernels and cook for 6 minutes or until it is done.
- Strain and set aside.
For the sauce
- Over medium-low heat, place a pan and add butter.
- Now add all purpose flour and stir continously till the flour blends well with butter.
- Then add milk. Stir in and mash the lumps with ladle if any.
- Cook until it turns into a thick flowy consistency.
- Switch off the heat and now add dejon mustard, pasta, green peas, corn kernals, basil, salt, and cheese.
- Stir well until pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- And serve.
Tips and Variations for Corn Pasta Recipe:
Add your favorite vegetables or shredded chicken for different flavors.