How to cut Cantaloupe? Well, it is much easier than you thought. The technique I discuss here is straightforward, simple, and without any wastage. Another good thing is that you have control over the portion sizes.
For detailed life hacking how-to's, step-by-step pictures, and descriptions, scroll below.
'Eat fresh fruits and vegetables' is a universal slogan, and we follow them strictly. The common fruits do not need any instructions, but some tips could ease the way of cutting hard-shelled cantaloupe.
Running a knife through the fruit is a little more challenging because of its hard skin. But cutting it properly is easy, like cutting a pineapple without waste.
Let's cut cantaloupes into bite-size pieces; later, they can be used for many recipes. And you may also cut it into large pieces as per your requirement.
We follow the same cutting procedure for all the cantaloupe recipes, like salad and mint juice. The recipes are many; sprinkle some salt and pepper and serve as a salad. Or make smoothies, punches, etc.
A detailed description is below.
How to Shop and Store Cantaloupes?
- Cantaloupes are tropical fruits available in the summer times. The fruits taste good if they are in season.
- The ripened melon smells good if sniffed at the bottom blossom mark(just opposite to the stem mark on the fruit)
- If the fruit does not ripen well, leave it on the counter for 2-4 days until it starts smelling 'melony.' Hint: We put it in the rice(uncooked) storage container, leaving the fruit covered with rice. This makes the ripening process faster.
- The leftover fruit can be refrigerated in an airtight container; it stays suitable for up to 2 days.
The melon seeds are good for health; the discarded seeds can be sun-dried until they ultimately do. Depending on the sun's intensity, this sun-drying process may take about 2-3 days.
Other juice recipes you may like,
- Kiwi drink
- Mango fruit juice
- Beet juice
- Strawberry pineapple smoothie with yogurt
- Persimmon smoothie
How to Cut Cantaloupe (tips and techniques)
- 1 cantaloupe
- Wash and clean Cantaloupe.
- Place it over the cutting board. Hint: The ripen fruit leaves our juice while cutting, so be prepared to handle that excess oozing out fruit juice.
- Use knife to cut them lengthwise into half. Hint:Cut though the stem mark.
- Use large spoon to scoop out the seeds and the husk.
- Discard the seeds or sun dry it for later use.
- Then make about equal sized wedges. Hint: 6 wedges are good enough for a normal sized cantaloupe.
- Now make multiple slits on each fruit wedges.
- How to cut cantaloupes into cubes? Run the knife in between rind and the fruit to make the fruit pieces apart.
- Collect them in the bowl and use it for your recipes.