How to cut Cantaloupe? Well, it is much easier than you thought. The technique I discuss here, is very easier, simpler and without any wastage. And another good thing, is that you have a control in the portion sizes. For the detailed life hacking how to’s, step by step pictures and descriptions scroll below.
‘Eat fresh fruits and vegetable‘ is an universal slogan, and we follow them strictly. The common fruits does not need any instructions, but some tips could ease the way of cutting hard shelled cantaloupe. Running knife through the fruit is little tougher job because of its hard skin. But cutting it by the proper way makes it easy.
Lets cut cantaloupes into bite size pieces, and later they can be used for any recipes. And you may also cut into large pieces as per your requirement.
We follow the same cutting procedure for all the cantaloupe recipes we make, like Cantaloupe salad, Cantaloupe mint juice. The recipes are many, just sprinkle some salt and pepper and serve as a salad. Or make smoothies, punches etc.
detailed description is below….
How to Shop and Store Cantaloupes?
- Cantaloupes are tropical fruits available in the summer times. The fruits tastes good if they are on season.
- The ripen melon smells good, if sniff at the bottom blossom mark(just opposite to the stem mark on the fruit)
- If the fruit is not ripen well, leave it in the counter for 2-4 days until it start smelling ‘melony’. Hint: We use use put it in the rice(uncooked) storage container, leaving the fruit covered with rice. This makes the ripening process faster.
- The leftover fruit can be refrigerated in air tight container, it stays good upto 2 days.
The melon seeds are good for health, the discarded seeds can be sun dried until they completely done. This sun drying process may take about 2-3 days depends upon the sun’s intensity.
How to Cut Cantaloupe (tips and techniques)
- 1 cantaloupe
- Wash and clean Cantaloupe.
- Place it over the cutting board. Hint: The ripen fruit leaves our juice while cutting, so be prepared to handle that excess oozing out fruit juice.
- Use knife to cut them lengthwise into half. Hint:Cut though the stem mark.
- Use large spoon to scoop out the seeds and the husk.
- Discard the seeds or sun dry it for later use.
- Then make about equal sized wedges. Hint: 6 wedges are good enough for a normal sized cantaloupe.
- Now make multiple slits on each fruit wedges.
- How to cut cantaloupes into cubes? Run the knife in between rind and the fruit to make the fruit pieces apart.
- Collect them in the bowl and use it for your recipes.