Spicy deep-fried peanuts/masala peanuts are a crispy snack made with chickpea flour and rice flour. These peanuts are crispy, crunchy and extremely tasty. An addictive snack that you can never resist yourself after the first bite. This coated peanut snack is a perfect pairing for any drink.
This deep-fried peanuts masala is good to be served for any party. These are great when served with fresh garden salad and along with your favorite beverages.
I definitely have to mention here that your favorite beverage can range anywhere between, wine and Tea. Its range is wide and it suits up all most every other drink in the world, that's what I could say.
These spicy deep-fried peanuts are coated with a thin layer of chickpea flour and rice flour. And this layer is a bundle of taste, salty and spicy.
This is the ultimate addictive snack, which you never stop munching it.
We have been eating these deep-fried peanuts since our childhood. I modified this recipe by minimizing the ingredient. So that is it easy for everyone to make at home.
Make these spicy fried peanuts ahead of time. You can store these in the kitchen counter, in room temperature. And it is good to use it for a week's time if you stored in this way.
And it's springtime now. You can see verities of vegetables and fruits available in the grocery stores. And also it is time to have your friends and family around.
Makes this snack a couple of days before the party time, and avoids all the last minute's messes. I'm sure this snack would be the show stopper among any dishes at the party.
These deep-fried peanuts are great to serve as a snack in the evening time. Or as great finger food for the game-day party, or to munch on by yourself.
Flour coating to this deep-fried peanuts gives a crispy texture to the peanuts. Gives a wholesome flavor to every bite. These masala peanuts are delicious and perfect to serve while it is still hot and in room temperature.
Hot crispy deep-fried peanuts are an all-time favorite of ours. The healthy option is to serve dates to balance its spiciness. And this combo works for me and for my family.
The advantage of this spicy deep-fried peanuts recipe is, it is easy to make. Here, I have also discussed the best way to get it perfect every time you make. I'm also sharing some easy substitutes you cannot find the classic ingredients.
These substitutes are not only tasty but you can find in your pantry.
Spicy masala peanut's coating is made with rice flour, chickpea flour, chili powder, and turmeric powder.
Deep-fried peanuts Ingredient's suggestions:
Chickpea flour: It is a brilliant gluten-free substitution of regular flour. Nowadays chickpea flour is available in all the leading grocery stores.
But if this is not available to you, you may substitute with the combination of all-purpose flour and corn starch. It is crispy when it is warm. And I personally do not know how to retains its crispness for a longer time.
Rice flour: This does give a beautiful coating to the peanut. But it can be substituted with corn starch.
Do you ask me about the results of these two flours? Well, I would say that rice flour gives out a soft and crispy layer. Whereas corn starch combo would give a hard and crispy layer to this deep-fried peanuts.
Chili Powder: It gives the spiciness and color to the spicy peanuts. But you can substitute with paprika. The taste and the color will not get affected by this substitution.
Turmeric powder: This ingredient gives a rich golden color to the peanuts for dabeli. You may skip using this ingredient when you do not have it in your pantry.
Asafoetida: This is given out a rich aroma. This is an option to include in the recipe, you may skip it.
Few Tips for making Deep-fried peanuts perfectly:
Mixing the ingredients:
- The first requisition of perfectly deep-fried peanuts is choosing perfect raw peanuts. This is the most underlying requirement. So go in for good quality ones.
- You may use both skin or skinless raw peanuts. Both do tastes extremely well.
- While mixing the ingredient, be cautious while adding the water. Add it little at a time, to avoid watery base. The mixture has to be perfect, neither too thick nor too thin.
- Make sure that the spices are evenly coated even a single peanut.
Oil for deep fried peanuts:
- You may use any cooking oil but I would personally suggest using peanut oil. This makes peanuts more crispy for a longer time.
- Having the right temperature is another key factor of deep-frying. The entire process of deep frying should be done in a medium flame.
- Add the peanut mixture, once the oil becomes warm. To test, add a single peanut. If it bubbles up and floats up, it is the right temperature.
- A big no for the high flame in this recipe. The high flame burns out the outer coating easily without cooking the center of peanuts.
- If you have a thermometer, try to balance between 325°F-350°F.
How to deep frying the peanuts perfectly:
- Deep frying needs patience and practice.
- Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Use the spoon to gently separate the cluster.
- Gently stir it occasionally.
- And fry till it becomes golden brown, and when the oil minimizes bubbling.
- The lower intensity of bubbling, says that the entire peanuts are cooked perfectly.
- Use a slotted spoon, and transfer to a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Leave it in the kitchen counter to bring it down to room temperature.
- Once cooled down store it in the airtight container.
- These deep-fried peanuts good to use for a week's time.
Masala Peanuts-Spicy deep fried peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine raw peanut, chickpea flour, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt, water and 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Combine them well, until the mixture coats each peanut well.
- In medium flame, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in the pan for deep frying.
- Add peanut mixture without crowding the pan.
- Gently stir occasionally.
- Fry till the peanuts becomes crispy and golden brown in color.