Spicy deep fried peanuts / masala peanuts is crispy snack made with chickpea flour and rice flour. These peanuts are crispy, crunchy and extremely tasty. A addictive snack which you can never resist yourself after the first bite. This coated peanut snack is perfect pairing for any drink.
This deep fried peanuts masala are good to be served for any party. These are great when served with with fresh garden salad and along with your favorite beverages.
I definitely have to mention here that your favorite beverage can range anywhere between, wine and Tea. Its range is wide and it suits up all most every other drinks in the world, that’s what I could say.
These spicy deep fried peanuts are coated with a thin layer of chickpea flour and rice flour. And this layer is a bundle of taste, salty and spicy.
This is ultimate addictive snack, which you never stop munching it.
We have been eating this deep fried peanuts since our childhood. I modified this recipe by minimizing the ingredient. So that is it easy for everyone to make at home.
Make these spicy fried peanuts ahead of time. You can store these in the kitchen counter, in the room temperature. And it is good to use for a week time, if you stored in this way.
And it’s spring time now. You can see verities of vegetables and fruits available in the grocery stores. And also it is the time to have your friends and family around.
Makes this snack a couple of days before the party time, and avoid all the last minutes messes. I’m sure this snack would be the show stopper among any dishes in the party.
These deep fried peanuts are great to serve as a snack in the evening time. Or as a great finger food for the game day party, or to munch on by yourself.
Flour coating to this deep fried peanuts gives a crispy texture to the peanuts. Gives a wholesome flavor to every bite. These masala peanuts are delicious and perfect to serve while it is still hot and in room temperature.
Hot crispy deep fried peanuts are all time favorite of ours. The healthy option is to serve dates to balance its spiciness. And this combo works for me and for my family.
Advantage of this spicy deep fried peanuts recipe is, it is easy to make. Here, I have also discussed the best way to get it perfect every time you make. I’m also sharing some easy substitute you cannot find the classic ingredients.
These substitutes is not only tasty but you can find in your pantry.
Spicy masala peanut’s coating is made with rice flour, chickpea flour, chili powder, and turmeric powder.
Deep fried peanuts Ingredient’s suggestions:
Chickpea flour: It is a brilliant gluten free substitution of regular flour. Nowadays chickpea flour is available in all the leading grocery stores.
But if this is not available to you, you may substitute with the combination of all purpose flour and corn starch. It is crispy when it is warm. And I personally do not know how to retains its crispness for a longer time.
Rice flour: This does gives a beautiful coating to the peanut. But it can be substituted with corn starch.
Do you ask me about the results of these two flours? Well, I would say that, rice flour gives out soft and crispy layer. Whereas corn starch combo would give a hard and crispy layer to this deep fried peanuts.
Chili Powder: It gives the spiciness and color to the spicy peanuts. But you can substitute with paprika. The taste and the color will not get affected by this substitution.
Turmeric powder: This ingredient gives a rich golden color to the peanuts for dabeli. You may skip using this ingredient, when you do not have it in your pantry.
Asafoetida: This is gives out a rich aroma. This is option to include in the recipe, you may skip it.
Few Tips for making Deep fried peanuts perfectly:
Mixing the ingredients:
- The first requisition of perfect deep fried peanuts, is choosing perfect raw peanuts. This is the most underlying requirement. So go in for good quality ones.
- You may use both skin or skin less raw peanuts. Both does tastes extremely well.
- While mixing the ingredient, be cautious while adding the water. Add it little at a time, to avoid watery base. The mixture has to be perfect, neither too thick nor too thin.
- Make sure that the spices are evenly coated even a single peanut.
Oil for deep fried peanuts:
- You may use any cooking oil but I would personally suggest to use peanut oil. This makes peanuts more crispy for longer time.
- Having the right temperature is another key factor of deep frying. The entire process of deep frying should be done in medium flame.
- Add the peanut mixture, once the oil becomes warm. To test, add a single peanut. If it bubbles up and floats up, it is the right temperature.
- A big no for the high flame in this recipe. The high flame burns out the outer coating easily without cooking the center of peanuts.
- If you have thermometer, try to balance between 325°F-350°F.
How to deep frying the peanuts perfectly:
- Deep frying needs patience and practice.
- Do not over crowd the pan.
- Use the spoon to gently separate the cluster.
- Gently stir it occasionally.
- And fry till it becomes golden brown, and when the oil minimize bubbling.
- The lower intensity of bubbling, says that the entire peanuts is cooked perfectly.
- Use slotted spoon, and transfer to kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Leave it in the kitchen counter to bring it down to the room temperature.
- Once cooled down store it in the air tight container.
- These deep fried peanuts good to use for a week time.
Spicy deep fried peanuts-Masala Peanuts
Spicy deep fried peanuts-masala peanuts is crispy snack made with chickpea flour and rice flour. A crispy, crunchy and extremely tasty coated peanut snack. An addictive snack which you can never resist yourself after the first bite.
- 1 cup peanuts raw
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbps rice flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/6 cup water
- 2 cups cooking oil for frying
In a mixing bowl, combine raw peanut, chickpea flour, rice flour, chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt, water and 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
Combine them well, until the mixture coats each peanut well.
In medium flame. heat oil in the pan for deep frying.
Add peanut mixture without crowding the pan.
Gently stir occasionally.
Fry till the peanuts becomes crispy and golden brown in color.