Hasselback potato recipe-Baked version is crispy skin and soft inside potatoes perfect for the dinner table.
Are you thinking too much to impress the fussy kiddos over the dining table? My answer to your question would be 'easy to make baked Hasselback potatoes'.
Dramatic looked food always has the potential to convert picky eater to food lovers. Likewise, regular baked potatoes can be turned out to Hasselback potatoes, just to pull everyone to the dining table.
Coming to this Hasselback potato recipe, following some simple steps could result in the best crispy outside and juicy inside potatoes.
Slicing the first and foremost important step, if you are succeeded in this, you are crossed half of the wall. Get ready with your sharper knife.
Slice them evenly, keep pencils, or knives or chopstick or skewer on both the sides of potatoes. This step avoids separating the slices apart.
Potatoes tend to change their color, after cutting it. So, after slicing immerse them in ice-cold water with lemon juice, this avoids discoloration and removes excess starch as well.
Baking them covering for the first 20 minutes could result in juicer fully cooked potatoes. Bake them again uncovered, results in a crispier outside. Every oven is unique, so adjust the baking time accordingly.
How to make:
1. Hassle back potatoes? The prime procedure for this recipe is to select the potatoes, which are long enough to give out an electrifying look. Slice thinly and evenly, leaving ¾ inch at the bottom so that the slices should not come apart. This step can be made easy by keeping pencils, knives on both sides.
2. Preheat oven to 450° F. Adds lemon juice to ice-cold water. Immerse these evenly sliced potatoes in this water, and leave it aside. You can take this out of the water, just 10 minutes before baking. Mix, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
3. Squeeze out the excess water and pat dry, in between the slices as well. In a greased baking tray, place this pat dried potatoes, grease it with the mixer of olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
Bake it covered for approx. 25 minutes. Then remove it from the oven, again apply oil mixture and bake it uncovered further for another 20 min or till they get cooked completely and crispier outside.
4. Serve as an appetizer, snack, or as a side for dinner. Allow your imagination to grow to add your favorite cheeses, herbs to customize to your taste.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Garlic Knots recipe
- Homemade pretzel recipe
- Vegetarian Stromboli
- Bread pizza on pan
- Spicy appetizer recipes
Hasselback potato recipe
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 2 cup ice cold water or as required
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 potato large
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Combine and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add lemon juice and ice cold water.
- Slice thinly and evenly crosswise, leaving ¾ inch at the bottom so that the slices should not come apart. This step can be made easy by keeping pencils, knives on both the sides.
- Immerse these evenly sliced potatoes to lemon+ice cold water mix. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Then pull out each potato and squeeze out the excess water and pat dry-in between the slices as well.
- In a greased baking tray, arrange the potatoes.
- Liberally coat with the olive oil and garlic powder mixture. And brush in between the slices as well.
- Cover each potato with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes in the middle rack.
- Then remove it from the oven, again apply oil mixture.
- And bake it uncovered further for another 25 min or till they get cooked completely and crispy outside.
- Serve as a appetizer, snack or as a side for dinner.