Do you know how simple it was to make Easy Curried Salmon recipe with lemon and peppercorns? The main ingredients needed? they are already in the title and that's it.
By this time you might conclude that recipes do not require a list of ingredients to make them tasty.
A few things are on my to-do list before winter knocks my door. And grilling was my top priority. According to me, after chicken, Salmon comes after that perfect suits for grilling. Just a few minutes in grill grates make Salmon fillets have a good texture.
The grilled lemon and its zest add more flavor to this Easy Grilled Salmon recipe, which does not require further more flavoring agents.. but can add them if you wish.
It's really a surprise to know what Wikipedia says about this fish "Salmon are born in freshwater, migrate to the ocean, then return to freshwater to reproduce" and it also specifies that salmon fishes are the great source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and Vitamin D.
These are oily fishes and do not need much of oil while grilling, it can get cooked well with its own skin.
How to Make Curried salmon:
1. Get the Grill grates and the skewers ready. If you are using wooden/ bamboo skewers, soak them in water until you use them.
2. Wash and clean salmon fillets, and cut them into small bite-size pieces. Hint: Smaller pieces, absorbs more flavors and best suitable for serving as appetizers.
3. To the fish, add salt and squeeze the half lemon and add the juice. Combine them gently and leave it aside for about 10-20 minutes.
4. Cut the lemon into thin slices.
5. Preheat the grill grates to medium to high temperature.
6. Start to arrange salmon, lemon slices alternatively into the skewer.
7. Sprinkle crushed pepper evenly over the fish. Hint: Remember we have already added the salt.
8. Spray olive oil over the grill grater and also over the fish skewer.
9. Grill until Salmon becomes golden brown, it may take about 7-9 minutes by flipping them once in between. Hint: cooking time varies according to the size of the grill, so decide accordingly.
10. Serve immediately as an appetizer or as the side dish. Also sprinkle you favorite dried herb like thyme, rosemary if needed.
Easy Curried Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp black peppercorn Crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get the Grill grates and the skewers ready. If you are using, soak wooden/ bamboo skewers in water until using.
- Wash, clean and cut salmon fillets into small bite size pieces.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Combine them gently. Set aside for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice Lemon thinly.
- Preheat the grill grates to medium to high temperature.
- Arrange skewer with salmon pieces and lemon slices alternatively.
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper over the fish.
- Spray olive oil over the grill grater and to the skewered fish.
- Grill for about 7-9 minutes until Salmon becomes golden brown. Flip them occasionally in between.
- Serve immediately. If needed sprinkle yours favorite herb.
2. Cooking time varies to different grills.