Spicy garlic lime chicken recipe a quick dinner ready under 30 minutes. The chicken is tender and juicy, with the beautiful flavor of lime, garlic, and cilantro.
The internet is loaded with tons of baked and grilled chicken recipes like these Tandoori chicken breast or grilled lemon pepper chicken. Is there any chicken recipe made just using the skillet? yes, this spicy garlic lime chicken is made on the stovetop using the skillet without worrying about preheating the oven or the grill.
This spicy lime chicken recipe yields, crispy outside and juicy and tender inside. And this an absolute heaven for the busy weekday nights?
Searching for the best recipe for weekday nights is really tough. The dish has to be easy to make with very minimal ingredients and yet it should taste like heaven.
Spicy garlic lime chicken is so versatile and tastes greats when it gets infused with flavors in a correct way and in the correct proportion.
The real secret of great food relies on selecting the proper ingredients that compliments and balance well with each other.
Garlic, lime, and cilantro are such a great companion that blends extremely well and provides a great dish without much effort.
Other chicken recipes
- Spicy Szechuan chicken
- Pan-fried Garlic chicken
- Chicken bok choy recipe
- Coriander chicken recipe
- Broccoli stuffed chicken breast
- Hot chicken recipes
Pro tips for Spicy garlic lime chicken recipe
- Fresh chicken from the store’s shelves tastes extremely good. So check the best to use by dates while picking up from the store’s shelves.
- Heavy bottomed pan is great for making any kind of chicken recipe. It would be great if its cast-iron skillet. As I personally found that it retains the moisture of chicken inside, and at the same, it provides crispier and tasty outside.
- All-purpose flour gives a nice crispy texture to the chicken. To make it more crispy, add cornflour.
- Add the lime slices at the very final stages of the cooking process.
- If you are a spicy lover add jalapeno slices along with lime slices. Which gives more flavor and taste. Worrying about the spicy level? deseed jalapenos before adding to the recipe.
- In this lime chicken recipe, chili powder can be substituted with paprika.
- The idea for garnishing- Add fresh cilantro/coriander leaves for the most refreshing flavor. Fresh cilantro, taste aromatic and fresh. But maybe substituted with dried cilantro in its absence.
How to make Spicy garlic lime chicken
Chicken. The chicken tenders are easy to work with. However, we can use chicken breast, thigh portions for this recipe.
Lime. To bring up the delicate flavors of lime, we utilized the entire lime to the maximum extent including its juice and the zest. Do not overboard with the zest as it may make the chicken slightly bitter. And do not cook for a longer time also, as the lime juice tastes bitter when overcooked.
Garlic. Fresh garlic brings enormous fragrance in here. Mince as finely as possible as it will not be seen as chunks and clash with the texture. If you are thinking of substituting fresh garlic with garlic powder, marinate for 20 minutes to make the chicken absorbs all the flavors.
Cilantro. Gives fresh robust flavor that stays in the mouth for a longer time.
Red chili powder. It provides rich golden color and mild heat. However, substitute with cayenne pepper or paprika according to individual preference.
White wine. Restaurant-style rich spicy garlic lime chicken is possible in the homemade version too. Thanks to all this ingredient, a little is more in here. You may skip if you do not have handy.
All-purpose flour. Acts as the binding agent, makes all the spices coat evenly to the chicken.
The recipe directions
To make the spicy lime chicken recipe- Add 3 teaspoons of all-purpose flour, salt, and chili powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well until all the three ingredients blend well with each other.
Add chicken tenders and coat the powder mixer evenly to it.
In a medium flame, add cooking oil followed by chicken tenders. Now add a 2 teaspoon of white wine, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, 1/2 tsp of lime zest.
Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken cooked well. Add lime slices to the skillet and cook until the crust of the chicken turns golden brown.
Remove it from the stove and serve hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.steps and procedure -5Soft and juicy chicken with the crispier crust is ready in less than 30 minutes. This lime chicken recipe tastes excellent with bread, pasta, or rice.
The recipe FAQ
Can I make in advance? Although it is theoretically yes. But, I strongly recommend making spicy garlic lime chicken whenever needed. Cooking fresh and enjoying them as they are still warm is more delicious than the stored one. I would
How to store and how long does it lasts? Like any other food, it stays upto 5 days when refrigerated. And upto 2 months when frozen.
How do I adjust the spice level? And yes, this is the main question most of us have when we make something out of our comfort zone. If you feel the chicken is too hot to bear after cooking, add a blog of butter, this reduces the heat substantially. If you find it still hot add a tablespoon of lemon juice and coat the chicken pieces.
Spicy garlic lime chicken
- 3 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 chicken tenders
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 lime slices
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add chicken tenders and coat with the powder mix evenly.
- In a medium flame, add vegetable oil followed by chicken tenders.
- Add white wine, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken cooked well.
- Add lime slices to the skillet and cook until the crust of the chicken turns golden brown.
- Remove it from the stove and serve hot.