Easy lime chicken recipe an ultimate super quick dinner recipe that can be made under 30 minutes. The chicken is tender and juicy, with the beautiful flavor of lime and cilantro.
The internet is loaded with tons of baked/grilled chicken recipes like these authentic Indian tandoori chicken recipe or lemon grilled chicken. Is there any skillet recipe for lime chicken? yes, it is made only with the skillet on the stovetop without worrying about preheating the oven or the griller.
This lime chicken recipe yields, crispy outside and juicy and tender inside. And this an absolute heaven for the busy weekday nights?
Searching for the best recipe for weekday nights is really tough. The dish has to be easy to make with very minimal ingredients and yet it should taste like heaven.
Chicken is so versatile and tastes greats when it gets infused with flavors in a correct way.
The real secret of a great food relies on selecting the proper ingredients that compliments and balances well with each other.
Cilantro, lime is such a great companion which blends extremely well and provides a great dish without much effort.
Few tips for getting into the lime chicken recipe:
- Fresh chicken from the store’s shelves tastes extremely good. So check the best to use by dates while picking up from the store’s shelves.
- Heavy bottomed pan is great for making any kind of chicken recipes. It would be great if its cast iron skillet. As I personally found that it retains the moisture of chicken inside, and at the same, it provides crispier and tasty outside.
- All-purpose flour gives a nice crispy texture to the chicken, to make it more crispy, add corn flour.
- Add the lime slices at the very final stages of the cooking process.
- If you are a spicy lover add jalapeno slices along with lime slices. Which gives more flavor and taste. Worrying about the spicy level? deseed jalapenos before adding to the recipe.
- In this lime chicken recipe, chili powder can be substituted with paprika.
- The idea for garnishing- Add fresh cilantro/coriander leaves for the most refreshing flavor. Fresh cilantro, taste aromatic and fresh. But maybe substituted with dried cilantro in its absence.
To make the lime chicken recipe- Add 3 teaspoons of all-purpose flour, salt, and chili powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well until all the three ingredients blend well with each other.Add chicken tenders and coat the powder mixer evenly to it.In a medium flame, add cooking oil followed by chicken tenders. Now add a 2 teaspoon of white wine, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, 1/2 tsp of lime zest.Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken cooked well. Add lime slices to the skillet and cook until the crust of the chicken turns golden brown.Remove it from the stove and serve hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.Soft and juicy chicken with the crispier crust is ready in less than 30 minutes. This lime chicken recipe tastes excellent with bread, pasta, or with rice.
Lime chicken recipe
The BEST lime chicken recipe in the skillet is a healthy, easy dinner with the simple marinade. A low carb meal made under 30 minutes. The chicken is juicy with the beautiful flavor of cilantro.
- 3 Chicken tenders
- 3 tsp All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 teaspoon Cooking oil
- 2 tsp White wine
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime zest
- 6 Lime slices
In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, and chili powder. Mix well.
Add chicken tenders and coat with the powder mix evenly.
In a medium flame, add cooking oil followed by chicken tenders. Add white wine, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken cooked well. Add lime slices to the skillet and cook until the crust of the chicken turns golden brown.
Remove it from the stove and serve hot. We made this lime chicken recipe in less than 20 minutes.