These quick vegan chocolate cakes are spongy, soft, and chocolaty. Pairing up with coffee makes you forget the world. There are always a few things out there at the top of the priority list.
Chocolate cakes are always stood the topmost priority on my son's list. Will anyone come out from the crowd and says 'No chocolate, please!'.
I can see your nodding head from here. Everyone would love to hide behind this sweet crowd, hehehe..including me.
Vegan cakes in spite of its low calorie, we love to have these as it is delectable on our fasting days as well. Fasting days are considered to be on vegetarian diets, in India. These cakes are vegan and vegetarian and guilt-free pleasures on our fasting days too.
A reader of my blog comes up with the question of using a type of Vanilla essence for the cake recipes. I always use Pure Vanilla Extract for my recipes, as I feel it is milder and has wholesome flavor.
Check out my other baking recipes like German Chocolate Cake.
How to make Vegan chocolate cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk it with the help of the hand blender for about 2 min or until no lumps seen in the batter.
2. consistency is important in deciding the texture of the cake. The batter needs to be in little pouring consistency.
3. Pour the batter into the dusted and greased baking pan.
4. Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake in the preheated oven for about 45 min or until the inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and place it on the cooling rack. Once the cake slightly cooled down. Flip the cake on a plate. Sift confectioners sugar for the topping. Make into wedges and serve. I love to have these cakes for my breakfast.
Other desserts you may like,
vegan chocolate cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk it with the help of the hand blender for about 2 min or until no lumps seen in the batter.
- Pour the batter to the dusted and greased baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and place it in the cooling rack.
- Then flip the cake over a plate. And shift confectioners sugar over the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Serve by sieving sweetened cocoa powder on the top. A scoop of ice cream makes this a perfect dessert.
Tips and Variations quick vegan chocolate cakes:
Add chopped nuts for a crunchy texture. Drizzling with chocolate syrup is also another way of enjoying this cake.