The Paneer Sandwich Recipe is the best paneer recipe for breakfast and is a complete food.
One bite can give us the soft textured bread, buttery cheese, ice lettuce, tender tomatoes, crunchy onion, pepper's superb texture, juicy and moist meat with the drizzle of tomato sauce with the crunchy fries. Hmm...yummy..lip-smacking.
Why this cottage cheese sandwich?
I'm alone to have lunch today and don't feel like cooking. Vegetarian sandwiches are my choice for the lazy days, where I need not spend hours cooking. Just slice the vegetables, put them inside a soft bread, yes we are done. And no doubt why I chose this paneer bread sandwich.
I finalized this paneer sandwich recipe, as it has no preparation time or long-listed ingredients. I can make it with the regular things already in my pantry.
So, I planned to go with the cottage cheese sandwiches with a little Indian twist. Cottage cheese can be substituted with both slices of meat and just the cheese by itself. And I made this Grilled Lemon Chicken for dinner. You can check if you are looking for a sidekick.
As it has a cheesy flavor and a meaty texture. Here, I do not need to tell everyone about the goodness of Cottage cheese. Everyone knows it already.
It is a good source of calcium and protein; It is best for diet-conscious people (hehe...I'm not in that category). I did prepare my sandwich with paneer filling today by following this step.
What is a Paneer Sandwich?
Paneer is the Indian name for cottage cheese. You can get them in the Indian store's frozen isles or make your own. You can make your paneer by cuddling the milk with lemon juice and strain it. Strain and have the milk cuddles in the cheesecloth. Keep a heavyweight pan on top of it and cut them into blocks.
A Paneer Sandwich is stuffed bread made with paneer filling.
How to make paneer filling for a sandwich?
Paneer has a neutral flavor and taste. And inherits all the values of ingredients added to it. So add in your favorite flavors and taste. In this recipe, I have added just salt and pepper. And this tastes exceptionally delicious.
Can I make a paneer sandwich on Tawa?
Yes, without using the panini maker or griller. You can make this sandwich using a pan or tawa. Use a heavy-bottomed pan, like a cast iron pan, for the best results.
Variations for Paneer Sandwich Recipe
- Do not discard the remaining sliced veggies. Serve it as a salad with salt and pepper. I love to have this yogurt fruit salad as the side.
- To make this sandwich more Indian, spread green coriander or mint chutney on one side of the bread.
- Sprinkle garam masala to the paneer cubes for more flavor.
- Want to make Tandoori paneer sandwich? Sprinkle some tandoori masala on the paneer and toss in a pan for a few seconds until the masala gets coated well.
How to make
My chopping board has onion, tomato, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber, cottage cheese, and leftover coriander chutney.
Clean, wash, and slice the veggies.
Saute cottage cheese with oil and a drizzle of salt and pepper.
Keep the sauteed cottage cheese aside.
In the same pan, toast the bread with olive oil.
Layer the bread by spreading the chutney and the sliced veggies. Let the cottage cheese/paneer be on the top layer. Cover it with the other bread by pressing it a little firmly.
Serve Paneer Sandwich with fries; if you are on the diet side, serve them with a salad. A super crisp and nice salad can also be prepared with the leftover sliced veggies.
Other spicy dinner recipes
- Masala Bread Sandwich
- Mushroom Philly cheesesteak
- Dinner ideas
- Grilled veggie sandwich
- Onion kulcha recipe
Printable recipe card
Paneer Sandwich Recipe
Seasoning the paneer
- 10 paneer cubes
- ⅙ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black pepper crushed
Assembling the sandwich
- 2 slices ciabatta roll
- 2 tablespoon coriander chutney left over
- 2 slices onion thinly sliced
- 2 slices tomato thinly sliced
- 4 slices cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 slices green pepper /capsicum-thinly sliced
- 2 leaves lettuce
- Over medium heat, place a pan. Add vegetable oil, paneer cubes, salt, and pepper.
- Toss until the spices coated the paneer cubes evenly.
- In the same pan, melt butter and toast the bun facing down until crisp.
- Remove it from the pan.
- Spread the green chutney on bottom half of the roll.
- And stack the sliced onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, and lettuce.
- Arrange paneer cubes on the top. Cover with top half of the roll.
- Serve warm.