Tarter tot breakfast casserole is one pot dish is soo simple and easy. Which can be made without messing your hands, and your kitchen as well. Just drop some eggs over bread pieces with some fresh herbs, Arrange tarter tots as top layer, bake it for about 30 mins…you are done..Such a easy recipe right?
What is Casserole? Casseroles are one pot dish, is a boon for the family gatherings and large reunions.. Just dump all the stuffs and bake it for a while..Voila.. universally accepted dish is ready without messing the kitchen around. For the family reunions and gatherings, women has to be in the kitchen most of the time, making lots of food using lots of cookwares. Here not to mention, lots of cleaning before and after cooking.
This recipe, cuts down the cleaning time by more than half of regular meal. But I’m for sure, everyone undoubtedly would love and enjoy this tarter tot casserole. Soft and fluffier egg, with cilantro flavor topped with crispy tarter tots..mm its an finger licking moment.
What is Tater Tots? tarter tots are fried, bite sized grated potatoes. You can find them in frozen section of your local stores. Since these are readily available in the market, why I need to suffer by making it from scratch…just go for it.
Preheat the oven for 350°F. Make Bread into small pieces. Chop cilantro finely.
In a mixing bowl, crack open and add eggs. Use fork to fluff them up for couple of minutes. To this add, milk, salt, chopped cilantro, crushed peppercorns.
Use fork to combine the ingredients well..
Grease the baking tray. To the bottom of the tray add bread pieces. And Over that pour the egg mixture.
Use fork to spread the herbs and egg mixture evenly over bread pieces.
Now the fun part beginns. Arrange tarter tots as the top layer. Hint: We love tarter tots so, I have added as much as I can. You can minimise or maximise as per your taste.
Arrange it completely covering the dish. And bake it for about 35 or until the the top layer tuned crispy and golden brown.
Spread mozzarella and cheddar cheese evenly. Bake it for another 5 minutes until the cheese melts down completely.
And Serve hot.
Easy Tater Tots Breakfast Casserole
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt or as required
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped / as required
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn crushed
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup tater tots as needed to the size of the baking dish
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or as required
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven for 350°F. Make Bread into small pieces. Chop cilantro finely.
- In a mixing bowl, crack open and add eggs. Use fork to fluff them up for couple of minutes. To this add, milk, salt, chopped cilantro, crushed peppercorns.
- Combine the ingredients well with fork.
- Grease the baking tray. To the bottom of the tray add bread pieces. And Over that pour the egg mixture.
- Using a fork to spread the egg mixture evenly over bread pieces.
- Arrange tarter tots as the top layer.
- And bake it for about 35 or until the the top layer tuned crispy and golden brown.
- Spread mozzarella and cheddar cheese evenly. Bake it for another 5 minutes until the cheese melts down completely.
- And Serve hot.
Tips and variations for tarter tot breakfast casserole:
1. Imagination is the limit of this recipe. Add chopped veggies like beans, green peppers to make it more flavorful.
2. This recipe needs load full of tarter tots, but if you wish minimize a little.
3. Substitute cilantro with fresh thyme or sage. These two herbs brings out extremely brings out different flavors.
Serve as breakfast. If you planning to make it for brunch, just throw in some green veggies to make it wholesome.