The French crepe recipe is straightforward to make with commonly available ingredients in the kitchen. The procedure and the process are also straightforward; even small children can make it.
This recipe was brought to me by my son, and he made this. The taste was delicious.
Recipes and dishes are introduced to us in many ways. Some from the restaurant we ate, some from our relatives and friends also had much influence in knowing many recipes very rarely from the different sources.
This time, this recipe reached me through my son. He has taken up French as a language in a curriculum. His French teacher offered homemade crepe along with his friends.
He loved it and talked about it for at least 2 days. His teacher also provided the students with the recipe. Then why wait, just digging into the dish?
Making and ingredients may sound very simple. But they taste heavenly, with all fresh fruits. This dish can be made in no time. Just mix the ingredients and pour over the hot skillet, and this is it. We are done with the work.
Steps for Frech crepe recipe
1. Add milk, butter, and egg in a mixing bowl. Whisk it until the egg becomes frothy.
2. In the same bowl, add maida salt and continue to whisk until no lumps are seen. Add a little water to make the batter thinner.
3. Heat a flat-bottomed pan and wait till the pan gets heated. Pour the ¼th cup of batter. Lift the pan and slightly tilt it at all angles to make the batter flow to form a thin, flat circle like the one in the picture.
Drizzle a few drops of cooking oil, and once the bottom of the crepe starts browning, flip it to the other side. Again, cook it until it gets cooked thoroughly. Remove the crepe and transfer it to the plate.
4. Spread Nutella on half of the crepe, but if you wish to spread them entirely over the circle.
5. Spread whipped cream and arrange fruit slices. And fold it in your favorite pattern. And Serve French crepe immediately.
Other breakfast recipes,
- Baked egg bread
- Yogurt Granola Parfait
- Korean zucchini pancakes
- Yogurt Granola Parfait Recipe
- Breakfast recipes
Printable recipe card
French crepe recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup all purpose Flour / maida
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil for drizzling
- 5 strawberries fresh
- 3 tablespoon whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, add egg, milk, and butter. Whisk it until egg becomes frothy.
- In the same bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and continue to whisk until no lumps seen. Add the little water to make the batter thinner.
- Heat flat bottomed pan, and wait till the pan gets heated. Pour the ¼th cup of batter. Lift the pan and slightly tilt is all angles to make batter flows by itself to form the thin flat circle like one in the picture. Drizzle few drops of cooking oil, and once the bottom of the crepe starts browning, flip it to the other side. Again cook it until it gets cooked completely. Remove the crepe and transfer to the plate.
- Spread Nutella on half of the crepe, but if you wish to spread them entirely over the circle.
- Spread whipped cream, arrange fruit slices. And fold it in your favorite pattern. And Serve french crepe immediately.
1. Serve for breakfast.
2. Serve with the seasonal fruits of your choice, like kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, etc.
Tips and Variations French crepe recipe:
1. Changing different fruits yield different flavors and varieties of crepe. So, be innovative in substituting the fruits and the toppings.
2. Swift powdered sugar over the crepe for a dramatic look.