French Toast breakfast casserole made with essential ingredients available in the kitchen, perfect dish for brunch or for the large crowd. The preparation time just 10-15 minutes.
French toast breakfast casserole is a regular French toast dish made in a single batch, which minimizes lots of cooking time and standing behind the stove for a long time. For the best results, make it with sourdough bread or french bread.
The regular white bread absorbs all the moisture and becomes soft and soggy while serving. I prefer to make French toast casserole with leftover bread, which has been sitting in my refrigerator for more than a week.
Thinking about the perfect dish when you feel lazy on the weekends has always been more challenging. This a great brunch recipe, which does not take much preparation time; another good part is that it gives a full satisfying feeling.
The recipe is the same as regular French toast since it is served in the casserole form, and all the family members can enjoy the food simultaneously. And a delicious treat for everyone. I have added blueberries, as they are healthy, adorable, and very flavorful.
How to make French toast casserole:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut sour bread into bite-sized small pieces. Add blueberries, combine them gently, and arrange them in a well-greased casserole dish. And keep it aside for a while.
Add eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Adding cinnamon powder is optional (I like the French toast with cinnamon flavor, but you may avoid adding it if you do not prefer it). Beat until it combines well. Pour over this mixture on top of keeping aside the casserole tray.
Add blueberries or fruit like strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries. Bake it covered for about 25 minutes, uncover it and continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until it is done perfectly.
Serve with maple syrup glaze or powdered sugar coating. I served this french toast casserole with blueberry syrup, which tasted too delicious.
Other breakfast recipes,
Printable recipe card
French Toast Breakfast Casserole Blueberries
- 3 cups sourdough bread chunks
- 1 cup blueberry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup /blueberry syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a deep baking dish.
- Add sour bread pieces and blueberries. Combine them gently. And set aside
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, syrup, ground cinnamon.
- Beat until the mixture becomes frothy. And pour egg mixture over the bread pieces.
- Cover and bake it for 25 minutes.
- then uncover and bake it for about 30 minutes or until it is done perfectly.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm with maple syrup or blueberry syrup.