French Toast breakfast casserole made with basic ingredients available in the kitchen, perfect dish for brunch or for the large crowd. The preparation time just 10-15 minutes.
French toast breakfast casserole, a regular french toast dish but made in single batch. Which minimizes lots of cooking time and standing behind the stove for a long time. For the best results, make it with sourdough bread or french bread.
The regular white bread absorbs all the moisture, becomes soft and soggy while serving. I prefer to make french toast casserole with leftover bread, which is sitting in my refrigerator for more than a week.
It has always been a tougher task to think about the perfect dish when you feel lazy on the weekends. This a great brunch recipe, which does not takes much of preparing time, another good part is that gives the full satisfying feeling for all.
The recipe is exactly same as regular french toast since it served in the casserole form, all the family members can enjoy the food at the same time. And a delicious treat for everyone. I have added blueberries, as it not only healthy but also adorable, very flavorful.
How to make French toast casserole:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut sour bread into bite-sized small pieces. Add blueberries, combine them gently and arrange it in a well-greased casserole dish. And keep it aside for a while.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, and salt. Adding cinnamon powder is optional (I like the french toast with cinnamon flavor but you may avoid adding if you do not prefer). Beat until it combines well. Pour over this mixture on top of keeping aside casserole tray.
Add blueberries or your choices of fruit like strawberry, blackberries, raspberries. And bake it covered for about 25 minutes and uncover it and continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until it is done perfectly.
Serve with maple syrup glaze or powdered sugar coating. I served this french toast casserole with blueberry syrup which tasted too delicious.
French Toast Breakfast Casserole Blueberries
French Toast breakfast casserole is easy and tasty make ahead recipe. Can make overnight with bread, eggs and blueberry. Perfect for families or for parties. You may also freeze the leftover.
- 3 Cups of Sourdough bread chunks
- 1 Cup Fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1/4 Cup of maple syrup/blueberry syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a greased deep baking dish.
- Add sour bread pieces and blueberries.
- Combine them gently.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon powder. Beat them until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread pieces.
- Cover and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake it for about 30 minutes or until it is done perfectly.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm with maple syrup or blueberry syrup.