This Carnival funnel cake is straightforward to make. Would you believe me? This funnel cake recipe requires just 10 minutes to make from scratch.
Yeah! Proportions need not be 100% accurate; no bother forming the pattern, Perfect results every time we make. Then why wait? Make these super yummy funnel cakes today.
I have a strong bond with it, for its texture and taste. I do not know why these cakes are primarily available at carnivals and other public gatherings.
But these delicious funnel cakes are the most important reason for me to go to carnivals and public festivals. It is pretty impressive that original funnels are used for making this recipe. Now you can guess how it got its name.
If you are searching for other breakfast recipes, look into Breakfast casserole with French toast and blueberries, Bread cups with eggs, and tater tot casserole.
Because of the crispy outside, soft inside, and fluffy texture with some slathered whipped cream and drizzled chocolate sauce on the top makes you feel like you are in heaven.
, many of us make a trip to the carnival only because of these fluffy Carnival funnel cakes.
As soon as our tummy is filled with these spongy cakes, most of us have a common question-
What do these funnel cakes make of? The answer is simple: all-purpose flour, milk, and eggs. The ingredients are universally available, and this recipe is worth trying. And you will regret not making it all these days.
After trying some recipes with some trials and errors, I finally arrived at this successful, simple recipe. This is so simple with few ingredients, and the carnival funnel cake is also fluffy, crispy outside, and soft inside. On top of this, this does not absorb the oil so much.
How to make funnel cake from scratch?
Making these from scratch gives you immense pleasure and satisfaction that you made everything yourself. Making them from scratch is not as difficult as you think. It is all about mixing eggs, milk, and all-purpose flour.
This is so easy that even a beginner can do it like a qualified chef.
How do you make it without milk?
You may use the same recipe, but add water instead of milk. This water substitution will not break the dish, and it tastes excellent.
How to Make Carnival Funnel Cake at Home?
In a mixing bowl, add the egg. Whisk the egg well with a fork or electric egg beater until the yolk combines and becomes a little bubbly.
Then add milk and sugar. Whisk again until the sugar gets dissolved well in the egg mixture.
Then, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Give a gentle whisk until the flour combines with the dry ingredients. Add water to dilute this mixture to a little thicker flowing consistency.
Transfer the batter we made to a zip lock or plastic bag. Snip off one corner of the pack. The snipping-off size decides the thickness of the funnel cake. The smaller the hole, the thinner and crispier the cake, and vice versa.
Heat oil in the pan, and gently squeeze the bag to make a circular pattern. The circles need not be accurate.
Wait for the bottom side to get golden brown. Then, flip it onto the other side to make it cook.
Once both sides turn golden brown, drain them from the oil. Transfer to a kitchen towel to remove excess cooking oil.
While serving, dust confectionery sugar with the sieve/tea strainer over the cake. Add whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or Nutella for richer.
Other desserts you may like,
Printable recipe card
Carnival funnel cake
- In a mixing bowl add egg. Whisk the egg until yolk combines well and becomes little frothy.
- Then add milk and sugar. Whisk again until sugar gets dissolved well in the egg mixture,
- Then add the all purpose flour, baking powder, salt. Give a gentle whisk one more time until the flour combines with the dry ingredients.
- Add water to dilute this mixture to little thicker flowing consistency like pancake batter.
- Transfer this batter to a ziplock bag. And snip one corner of the bag for about 6mm.
- Heat oil in the pan, gently squeeze the bag to make a circular pattern.
- Wait for the bottom side to get golden brown in color. Then flip onto the other side.
- Once both the side turned golden brown in color, drain them from the oil. Transfer to a kitchen towel.
- While serving dust confectionery sugar with the sieve/tea strainer oven the cake.
- Add whipped cream, chocolate sauce or Nutella for more richer.
- Dusting with confectionery sugar will do justice to the dish.
- Add whipped cream, chocolate swirls, chocolate sauce, or even Nutella makes this cake delicious.
Tips and Variations:
- Funnel cakes taste good when it is still hot, so serve immediately.
- For the topping, run your imagination to try out favorite combinations.