This Carnival funnel cake is very easy to make, would you believe me this funnel cake recipe requires just 10 minutes to make from the scratch?
Yeah! Proportions need not be 100% accurate, no bothering in forming the pattern, Perfect results every time we make. Then why waiting, makes these super yummy funnel cakes today.
I have a strong bonding towards it, for its texture and the taste. I do not know why these cakes are mostly available in carnivals and other public gatherings.
But the most important reason for me going carnivals and public festivals are these delicious funnel cakes. It is pretty impressive that originally funnels are used for making this recipe. Now you can guess how it got its name.
If you are searching for other breakfast recipes, then look into Breakfast casserole with french toast and blueberries, Bread cups with eggs, tater tot casserole.
Because of the crispy outside and soft inside and fluffy texture with some slathered whipped cream and drizzled chocolate sauce on the top, makes you feel like you are in heaven. Including me, many of us make a trip to carnival only because of this fluffy Carnival funnel cakes.
As soon as our tummy is filled with this spongy cakes, most of us have a common question-
What does this funnel cakes made of? The answer is super simple, it is all-purpose flour, milk, eggs. The ingredients are universally available, and this recipe is worth trying. And you will regret not making it all these days.
After trying a couple of recipes on a couple of trial and errors, I finally arrived at this successful simple recipe. This so simple with few ingredients, and the carnival funnel cake is also fluffy, crispy outside and soft inside. On top of this, this does not absorb the oil so much.
How to make funnel cake from scratch?
Making these from scratch gives you immense pleasure and great satisfaction that you made everything by yourself. Making them from scratch is not as difficult as you think it is all about mixing eggs, milk, and all-purpose flour. This is so easy that even a beginner can do it like a qualified chef.
How to make without milk?
You may use the same recipe, but instead of milk, you may add water. This substitution of water will not break the dish and it does taste excellent.
How to Make carnival funnel cake at home?
In a mixing bowl add egg. Using a fork or electric egg beater, whisk the egg well until yolk combines well and becomes little frothy.
Then add milk and sugar. Whisk again until the sugar gets dissolved well in the egg mixture.
Then add the flour, baking powder, salt. Give a gentle whisk one more time until the flour combines with the dry ingredients. Add water to dilute this mixture to little thicker flowing consistency.
In a zip lock bag or any other plastic bag, transfer the batter we made. Snip off the one corner of the bag. The snipping off size decides the thickness of the funnel cake. The smaller the hole, thinner and crispier cake and vice versa.
Heat oil in the pan, gently squeezes the bag to make a circular pattern. The circles need not be accurate.
Wait for the bottom side to get golden brown in color. Then flip onto the other side to make it cook.
Once both the side turned golden brown in color, drain them from the oil. Transfer to a kitchen towel to remove excess cooking oil.
While serving, dust confectionery sugar with the sieve/tea strainer oven the cake. Add whipped cream, chocolate sauce or Nutella for more richer.
Carnival funnel cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 11/4 cup all purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp icing sugar for decorating
- In a mixing bowl add egg. Whisk the egg until yolk combines well and becomes little frothy.
- Then add milk and sugar. Whisk again until sugar gets dissolved well in the egg mixture,
- Then add the all purpose flour, baking powder, salt. Give a gentle whisk one more time until the flour combines with the dry ingredients.
- Add water to dilute this mixture to little thicker flowing consistency like pancake batter.
- Transfer this batter to a ziplock bag. And snip one corner of the bag for about 6mm.
- Heat oil in the pan, gently squeeze the bag to make a circular pattern.
- Wait for the bottom side to get golden brown in color. Then flip onto the other side.
- Once both the side turned golden brown in color, drain them from the oil. Transfer to a kitchen towel.
- While serving dust confectionery sugar with the sieve/tea strainer oven the cake.
- Add whipped cream, chocolate sauce or Nutella for more richer.
- Dusting with confectionery sugar will do justice to the dish.
- Add whipped cream, chocolate swirls, chocolate sauce or even Nutella makes this cake delicious.
Tips and Variations:
- Funnel cakes taste good when it is still hot, so serve immediately.
- For the topping, run your imagination to try out favorite combinations.