This Garlic knots recipe is very flavorful and very easier to make.
'Garlic Knots' are one of my all-time favorite recipe. Wherever I crave for something to much on, I end up in baking these adorable looking cuties. Garlic knots not only looks cute but also I love the aroma it leaves to the entire home,
'Garlic Knots' are one of my all-time favorite recipe. Wherever I crave for something to much on, I end up in baking these adorable looking cuties. Garlic knots not only look cute but also I love the aroma it leaves to the entire home, yummy.
The shapes might scare you a little to make, but they are really easy, that you never thought of. The garlic butter is the boosting ingredients to this recipe. Make this butter instantly, I'm sure it bursts the aroma of the knots.
Regarding this Garlic Knots recipe, Some of my readers came up with a question to substitution for 'Active Dry Yeast' with 'Instant Yeast'. Sure, you can use instant yeast too, in the same proportionate, for this recipe.
The only resting time differs in using both the yeast. You may require to rest the dough for at least 20-30 minutes, in the case of 'Instant Yeast'.
How to make:
1. In 1/4th cup of lukewarm water dilute salt and sugar. And add active dry yeast and keep aside for 10-15 min. With this time, yeast frothy and doubles up. Add this yeast dry mixture to the flour and combine them well.
Add the required amount of water to form a dough. The dough may be little sticky, but no issues, cover them and set aside for 1-2 hours.
2. The dough should be doubled its original size and fluffy now.
3. Make 6 equal size portions, by dusting with flour.
4. Further divide each portion into two and evenly make a rod-like shape.
5. Make simple knots out of this cylindrically shaped dough.
6. Hide both the ends to the backside of the knots. And follow the same pattern to the rest of the individual portions of the dough.
And leave them again for 15 min approximately, this makes the knots evenly shaped. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
7. In the preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes or until its done in the center. For me, the baking time taken for garlic knots for this size is exactly 20 min. This duration varies for each oven, so check out the knots in between the baking time.
8. To make garlic butter, combine butter, salt and minced garlic. Brush this paste over the baked knots. And serve hot.
Serve them as dinner rolls, as the appetizer. But I love to snaking in between my meals.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Indian cauliflower fry
- Spicy Hasselback potatoes
- Bread Cutlet recipe
- Cajun Breakfast Cups
- Cajun potato wedges
- Spicy appetizer recipes
Garlic knots recipe
Ingredients for Garlic Knots recipe:
- 1/4 cup luke warm water (105F-115F)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt or as required
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Ingredients for Garlic Butter:
- 2 tsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small mixing bowl, add lukewarm water, sugar, salt, and active dry yeast.
- Stir and keep it aside for 10-15 min.
- The yeast should be frothy and doubles up from its original quantity.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, and yeast mixture.
- Set side for 1 hour.
- The dough should be doubled its original size and fluffy now.
- Make 12 equal size portions, by dusting with flour.
- And evenly roll each portion lengthwise like a rope.
- Gently tie simple knots with the dough rope.
- Hide both the ends to the back side of the knots. And Follow the same pattern to the rest of the dough portions.
- Cover them with a kitchen towen and rest it for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- And bake for 20 minutes or until the center is done.
- Make the garlic butter by combining melted butter, salt, and minced garlic.
- Brush this paste over the baked knots. And serve hot.
Tips and Variations for Garlic Knots recipe:
The same dough can make garlic bread too.Do not forget to look into other interesting baking recipes like,
Do not forget to look into other interesting baking recipes like, Garlic and Thyme pull apart bread.