Today I preferred to bake German Chocolate cake recipe, as it is very quick and easy preparation. If you want me to explain about this cake, I would definitely compare this cake to banana. Yes, this cake is little dense and moist, but for sure very soft and just melts in the mouth. Nevertheless, to say here, my son loves it most.
Summer has officially started here, and so as the summer vacation. My teen son is the person who is enjoying his vacation to the maximum extent. He is making me jealous for not having these kinds of interactive Xbox games in my childhood. He calls his friends online, he shoots, hides, runs, giggles and also speaks with his friends online while playing. Wow! I missed these things in my life.
He is craving for something to munch in the breaks between these games and always nags me to make chocolate cakes. He is the bit addicted to my cakes, always prefers me to bake rather buying it from the stores. Today I preferred to bake this recipe of cake, as it is very quick and easy preparation.
If you want me to explain about this cake, I would definitely compare this cake to banana. Yes, this cake is little dense and moist, double chocolatey but for sure very soft and just melts in the mouth. Nevertheless, to say here, my son loves it most. This recipe of German Chocolate cake is perfect for those who prefers very chocolatey soft cakes.
How to make German Chocolate Cake:
1. Bring 1 1/4th cup of water to boil, add cocoa powder gently. Dissolve entire cocoa powder without any lumps. Keep it aside, let it cool to bring down to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a wide mouthed mixing container, add All purpose flour, Sugar, Baking powder, Cooking oil, Vanilla extract, Cornstarch, Salt, Eggs.
3. Whisk it for 1 min, and beat the flour for 2-3 min.
4. Add diluted cocoa mixture little at a time and continue to beat the batter, till reaches thick pouring consistency.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Fill it to 50% of its capacity, this allows getting raised evenly.
6. Bake it in the preheated oven on 350° for 35-40 min (depending on your oven’s performance), or until it get done. Test it by inserting a skewer or toothpick into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, Yeah..you are right, the cake was done perfectly. Remove it from the oven, let it cool.
7. For topping: In a pan add butter and melt it on a stove top over low heat, add condensed milk, sugar and corn syrup. Stir it continuously for 2 min, until the mixture starts thickening. Remove it from the fire, add toasted pecans, toasted flaked coconut and vanilla extract. Top this mixture to the warm cake(This is the last spoon of frosting, sorry I missed to click in the beginning).
Spread the topping evenly and allow it to cool to the room temperature. Slice German Chocolate cake and enjoy.
German Chocolate cake recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 cup condensed milk sweetened/evoporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peccans toasted & chopped
- 1 cup coconut flake
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, add coco powder and 1 1/4th cup of hot water. Stir well to dissolve the cocoa powder. Let it cool to room temperature and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cornstarch, salt, and eggs.
- Whisk for 2-3 minutes until all the ingedients combined well with no lumps.
- Add diluted cocoa mixture little at a time and continue to beat the batter, till reaches thick pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Fill it to 50% of its capacity, this allows getting raised evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool.
For the topping
- Over medium heat, in a pan add butter, condensed milk, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Stir it continuously for 2 min, until the mixture starts thickening.
- Remove it from the heat, add vanilla extract, toasted pecans, and toasted coconut flakes.
- Gently pour this over the warm cake.
- Spread the topping evenly and allow it to cool to the room temperature.
- Slice the cake and enjoy.
Serve with drizzling chocolate syrup on the top or decorate with chocolate shavings.
Tips and Variations for German Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Add other nuts like hazelnut or pistachios for a change.