Other desserts you may like,
German Chocolate cake recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, add coco powder and 1 ¼th cup of hot water. Stir well to dissolve the cocoa powder. Let it cool to room temperature and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cornstarch, salt, and eggs.
- Whisk for 2-3 minutes until all the ingedients combined well with no lumps.
- Add diluted cocoa mixture little at a time and continue to beat the batter, till reaches thick pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Fill it to 50% of its capacity, this allows getting raised evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool.
For the topping
- Over medium heat, in a pan add butter, condensed milk, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Stir it continuously for 2 min, until the mixture starts thickening.
- Remove it from the heat, add vanilla extract, toasted pecans, and toasted coconut flakes.
- Gently pour this over the warm cake.
- Spread the topping evenly and allow it to cool to the room temperature.
- Slice the cake and enjoy.