This Ginger Pachadi for those who had very heavy new year dinner. This recipe. This is one of the easy home remedies of South India for easy digestion. It is advised to have it at the next meal after a big feast.
This Ginger Pachadi for those who had very heavy dinner. This recipe can be considered as a homemade medicine for digestion. It is advised to have it at the next meal after a big feast, it is made with chopped ginger, onion, lemon juice and seasoned with mustard seeds.
In South Indian, this Inji pachadi is considered as a home remedy to ease the digestion process. Generally served along with the feast. It is one of the sides and served as a pickle. A small quantity, say a teaspoon or two would be perfect quantity for single serve.
If you look for other pachadi recipes. For your convenience, here is the list of some of the other popular pachadi recipes are, Andhra ginger pachadi, Gonkura pachadi, Bottle guard pachadi, which are our family’s favorite choices as well.
Ginger is a root, has lots of medicinal values. In India, we have it as basic ingredients in all most all nonvegetarian dishes. If you have not tried this before, start consuming in this Tamil style ginger salad in smaller quantities. ‘Smaller Quantity’ may not be a precise, smaller quantity refers to the portion size of your pickles in your menu. Or if you are not confident enough to handle the hotness of ginger, add chopped onion more to compensate its heat.
What is Ginger pachadi?
‘Pachadi’ is the Tamil word, refers one the variety of side dish made with fresh vegetables that usually served in smaller portions. Thayir pachadi, carrot pachadi are some of the popular dishes in this category.
Ginger Pachadi is locally called as Inji pachadi in Tamil Nadu, where Inji means Ginger. Made with chopped ginger, onion and seasoned with mustard seeds. The making and preparations are simple and straightforward.
We make this Inji pachadi very often in our home. To make it emphasis, this is very valuable recipes as it is handed over generations to generations. Though it may sound simple and easy, the medicinal values are huge.
Why Ginger Pachadi?
• It is an extremely easy recipe to make in less than fifteen minutes.
• It required very minimal ingredients, which is common to India kitchen.
• Has more medicinal properties.
• Good for digestion.
How it tastes like?
This ginger pachadi tastes real ginger and onion, coated with lemon juice with the aroma of lemon and asafetida. The lemon juice mellow downs the raw taste of ginger, to makes the dish tastes awesome.
Ginger pachadi is a clean eating, real food recipe, made raw vegetables and everything from the scratch. This is a basic recipe and has more potential for variations and customization.
1. Add grated carrot to make the taste neutralize. The natural sweetness in the carrot brings down the raw flavor of ginger, make it more enjoyable.
2. You may also add grated cabbage for the same purpose as the above.
3. Add half a teaspoon of honey, this gives another sweeter dimension which cannot be imagined.
4. You may make this dish with or without seasoning.
5. Asafetida added in here, as a flavor booster and added for its medicinal values. But you may skip using it, if it is not available at the time of making.
6. Onion adds crunchiness to the dish, but you may swap with grated carrot or cabbage.
7. If you feel that you cannot withstand the heat of the ginger, then reduce the quantity in the recipe and mince ginger finely. So that you do not feel the large chunks of ginger between your teeth.
- 5 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1 Onion Small Size
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Coriander Leaves stalk
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Seasoning:
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida
- Clean, wash and prep ginger, onion, lemon.
- Chop onion and ginger finely…then add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and salt. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds followed by urad dal and wait till it gets splutter. Now add asafoetida powder and allow them to sizzle a little in the oil. Then add this seasoning to the ginger mixer.
- And Serve ginger lemon salad with rice, roti..as per your choice.
2. If you cannot handle the heat of ginger, add little more chopped onion.
Check this carrot pachadi for another variation.