Gobi Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese dish, which served in hotels and restaurants in almost every nook and corner of India.
They are secretly delicious with a hint of sweetness, sourness, and hotness. The sauteed garlic brings enormous aroma to this dish.
Globalization not only brings enormous changes to economies of countries but also gives birth to innovative fusion food dishes.
They are not only becoming famous in their own countries but also invited by the entire world for its unique taste. 'Gobi Manchurian' is one such recipe which is beloved by the entire world.
'Gobi Manchurian' is my son's most favorite dish, he could finish the entire bowl by himself. The same recipe can be transformed into a dry, semi-gravy, gravy version. I love to have a semi-gravy version as the side for Indian flatbread.
You may also interested in looking into other Gobi(cauliflower) recipes like Restaurant style Gobi 65, Gobi Paratha.
How to make Gobi Manchurian
Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets. I like to have smaller size florets for semi gravy, and it is your wish to go for larger size florets.
Dilute 1 tablespoon of cornflour/starch in ½ cup of water and keep aside, we require it in the later stage.
Make a medium consistency paste with cornflour and maida with the little salt. Dip cauliflower florets into this flour paste.
Heat cooking oil in a pan, once the oil becomes hot, add dipped cauliflower florets. And deep fry them by flipping occasionally. Remove it, once they become golden brown and crispy on all the sides.
They get cooked n crispy easily, adjust your flame from high to medium if they getting burnt.
In a pan add a teaspoon of cooking oil followed by chopped garlic. And saute for a minute, or till it becomes soft.
Keep the flame in very low mode, quickly add soya sauce, tomato sauce, green chili sauce, chili garlic sauce.
Add diluted corn starch which we kept aside already. And bring to the boil, and bring the flame to medium. By stirring it continuously, switch off the flame, when it reaches flowing consistency. Check for the taste here and adjust accordingly.
Gently mix deep-fried florets with this gravy, so that the florets get covered with the sauce evenly. And serve hot with roti / flatbread, sandwiches.
Other recipes you may like,
Printable recipe card
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup water
For Deep frying
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cup cauliflower florets / gobi-bite size florets
- 11/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds roasted/optional
- In a small dipping bowl, dilute 1 tablespoon of corn starch in ¼ cup of water and keep aside, we require it in the later stage.
- Dip cauliflower florets into this flour paste.
- Over medium heat, place a frying pan. Add vegetable oil.
- Meanwhile, in the second dipping bowl, add cornstarch, all purpoes flour, salt, and water.
- Once the oil becomes hot(350 degrees Fahrenheit), dip each cauliflower floret in the first dipping bowl and drop it in the hot oil.
- And deep fry them till the crust becomes crispy . Do flip them occasionally.
- Transfer to the kitchen towel. And deep fry the remaining florets as well.
Making the sauce
- Over medium-low heat, place a pan-add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and chopped garlic. And saute for a minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Now stir in soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and chili garlic sauce.
- Add diluted corn starch from the first dipping bowl which we kept aside while prepping.
- Bring it to boil by stirring continuously.
- Once it looks glossy and reaches flowing consistency. Switch off the heat.
- Add deep fried florets to the pan, and toss until the cauliflower florets are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and serve hot.
Tips and Variations of Gobi Manchurian:
Try your hands with the mushroom, potatoes, chicken, fish fillets with the same recipe. Do Check out other interesting recipes like Szechuan Noodles and Chettinad Paneer.
Do not miss the latest recipes and its tips, Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
love manchurian in any form dry or with gravy! 🙂 this looks grt
yum yum yum.. spicy gobhi manchuran perfect in this weather..
love manchurian in any format... this looks so yummm...
very inviting. I love Manchurian whether it is dry of with gravy and your's is looking great.
Sona - quick picks/pick quicks
simply droooling over the manchurian here !!! myever time favourite..can never say no to this !
super tempting gobhi manchu 🙂 looks super inviting and tempting dear !!