Beans Poriyal Recipe aka stir fry gets cooked easily, blends well with the ingredients added to it. This is the very basic and common recipe in Southern India. And an everyday simple menu. Beans are the must in the shopping list after onion and tomato.
Green Bean Stir Fry is a simple everyday delicious dish. Beans are the must in the shopping list after onion and tomato. Like potato, this green vegetable also goes very well with any variety of rice like Tomato rice, Lemon rice, Sambar, Rasam, Tamarind kuzhambu, Vatha Kuzhambu. It gets cooked easily, blends well with the ingredients added to it. This is the very basic south Indian beans poriyal recipe.
Green Bean Stir Fry-Beans Poriyal Recipe
- 1 cup Green Beans chpped
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as required
- Ingredients For Seasoning:
- 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Skinless Black Gram / Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Red Chili
- 8 Leaves Curry Leaves
- 1 tbp Cooking Oil
- Chop beans, onion to fine pieces.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil for tempering mustard, cumin, urad dal. Wait till it gets splutter.
- Then add chopped onion, red chili, curry leaves, Saute them till, onion turns pink. Add 1/4 cup water and bring it to the boil.
- Once the water started boiling add chopped beans. This makes the beans to retain its green color. Add salt. Cook it on medium to high flame till the water gets evaporated. Bring it to simmer for another 3-5 min and allow it to get firmer, soft and tender. Make sure it should not be either dry or too moist.
- Now it's the time to add grated coconut,a and saute it for another 1 min. Turn off the heat and transfer beans poriyal to the serving bowl.
Serve along with South Indian rice verities.
Tips and Variations:
1. Add cooked Bengal gram or cooked moong dal at the end for the variations.
Do not forget to look into another interesting side dish recipe for Rice, Sepankilangu Fry.