Homemade spicy granola recipe has great potential in solving most of the morning hassles. The super easy oil less, butter less homemade granola recipe is healthier, can be highly customizable to your individual preferences.
I try to start a day with minimized sins, I doubt who else in the world wish to start with tons of cooking oil infused breakfast. You might have already heard zillions of times hearing your doctor saying about good and bad cholesterol.
I do not wish to reprint the same, but still, want to write that cholesterol from nuts is good for the body whereas the fat from the oil is not.
This spicy granola recipe does not require any bad cholesterol, We are adding egg whites to make them stay crispy forever. After the grand success, I make them quite often, with different variations. You can also kick start your imaginations for your favorite variations.
How to make spicy granola
1. In a baking tray, add old fashioned oats/ rolled oats.
2. Add nuts to the oats. Add natural sugar like maple syrup.
3. Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
4. Separate the egg white and whisk it until it becomes frothy.
5. Add the fluffed up egg white to the oats and syrup mixture.
6. Combine them gently with a wooden spatula. And bake it at 300°F for about 35-45 minutes or until the oats turn golden brown and cooked completely.
7. Add the dry fruits once oats cooled down completely. And store them in air tight jars for future usages.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
- Spicy French toast
- Tater tot breakfast casserole
- Bombay toast sandwich
- Spicy garlic bread
- Spicy avocado toast
- Spicy breakfast recipes
Spicy granola recipe
- 1 egg white
- 11/2 cup oats old fashioned
- ½ cup almond
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper /smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup cranberries / raisins / dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup or as required
- Separate the egg white and whisk it until it becomes frothy. Set aside.
- In a baking tray, add old fashioned oats/ rolled oats.
- Add almond, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and ground ginger.
- Pour the egg white. Combine them gently with a wooden spatula.
- And bake it at 300°F for about 35-45 minutes or until the oats turn golden brown and cooked completely.
- Add cranberry once oats cooled down completely. And store them in an airtight jar to use later.
1. Serve for the breakfast along with hot/warm/cold milk of your choice.
2. Serve spicy granola as snacking.
Tips and Variations
1. I try different variations with blueberry syrup, brown sugar or other natural sugars.
2. Other nuts like walnuts, sunflower seeds, pistachios can also be included.
3. Try your hands with chopped dates, another important source of iron.