This recipe for Baby potato fry yields spicy potatoes, prepared with peppercorns and cumin. A great side dish for the rice and can be a spicy appetizer as well.
Searching for some unique recipe yet simple for your lunch? Try these cute looking, hot and spicy baby potato fry. This recipe yields really really spicier potatoes, so beware before proceeding.
If you hanging out for spicier food like me, you are good and you have perfectly landed here in the right place.
If my eyes have a glimpse of these baby potatoes, I would never leave without grabbing a bagful.
Though the taste and texture are the same they cost a little extra, when compared to the bigger verities. But nothing can be comparable when gulping up the little spicier bomb.
Are hot versions not of your choice? no no..no worries, just reduce or avoid red chilies from the recipe, and you are all set to go!!
Deseeding the green chilies could also reduce the heat of the recipe. Curry leaves, green chilies, and garlic complement each other and bring out the beautiful aroma in the air.
How to make Baby potato fry
Boil baby potatoes on 1½ cup of water. Cook on medium to high heat for about 10 min or until it gets cooked completely inside. Once cooked remove from the water and bring to room temperature.
Peel the skin of the potatoes. Assemble all the ingredients. And grind, green chilies, red chilies, garlic, curry leaves, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, pepper in a mixer to a coarse powder.
In medium flame, heat pan adds cooking oil. Add baby potatoes and salt. And continue to fry in medium-low heat till the outer skin becomes golden brown.
Now add the ground spice mixer and continue to fry till the spices get cooked and start evolving beautiful aroma.
Transfer to the serving bowl. Fried rice, sambar rice, rasam rice are its nice pairs. I love to have as an appetizer also.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Indian cauliflower fry
- Potato cutlet Recipe
- Cripsy baked eggplant
- Paneer Tikka in Oven
- Spicy appetizer recipes
Baby potato fry
- 500 grams baby potatoes
- 11/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp salt or as required
- Boil baby potatoes on 1½ cup of water. Cook on medium to high heat for about 10 min or until it gets cooked completely inside.
- Once cooked remove from the water and bring to room temperature.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes.
- To a blender jar, add green chilies, red chilies, garlic, curry leaves, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, and black pepper.
- And grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Over medium heat place a pan. Add vegetable oil, baby potato, and salt.
- Over medium-low heat, continue to fry till the potato becomes golden brown.
Tips and Variations spicy baby potato fry recipe:
1. If you wish to minimize the heat in this recipe, deseed the green chilies or avoid red chilies.