Instant Oats Dosa can be made within 15- 20 minutes from start to finish. Bored with the same old oatmeal and oats porridge? then you should try this recipe with just three ingredients.
This recipe yields crispier yet soft dosas, which melt in your mouth. These dosas are similar to crispier Rava Dosas but with much less cooking oil.
The base flour can be made in bulk, reducing the preparation time. So add water to the flour whenever needed and start making crispier dosas anytime.
Oats have become a global ingredient; in an attempt to create new recipes with oats, I have already come up with the quinoa dosa.
There are many ways to customize oats, and this Instant oats dosa recipe is for the people who do not wish to take the regular gooey oats porridge. Get into this instant crispy oats dosa recipe and feel the difference.
Printable recipe card
Instant oats dosa
- Using mixer grinder/ blender, add oats, rice flour, semolina, and salt.
- Grind it to fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl add ground flour and water. The batter has to be in the running consistency (similar to Rava dosa batter).
- Keep it aside for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat dosa pan/skillet over the stove.
- Grease and drizzle the pan with ¼ teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Take ⅓ cup of batter and hold it about 8 inches away from the pan. And start pouring evenly in the circular motion. And make sure the surface of the pan covers with the batter evenly with the same thickness.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro(but adding coriander leaves is optional). Drizzle half a teaspoon of oil over the batter.
- Keep the stove in medium to slow flame. Allow it to cook and becomes crispy.
- Once the dosa starts becoming golden brown in color, flip and continue to cook on the other side.
- Once it turns golden brown on the both the sides, remove it from the pan and serve hot.
- Serve along with chutney, sambar, tomato chutney, Idli powder, or chicken curry.
Tips and Variations
- Try adding chopped onion as a topping. If you plan to add chopped onions to this Instant oats dosa, Please follow this method.
- Heat the pan, drizzle cooking oil, and sprinkle chopped onion. On top of it, pour the batter. This way, chopped onion will not fall apart and will stick to the dosa like in the restaurants.
- Add cumin seeds, whole black peppers, and caraway seeds for the variations.
- Add grated carrots and grated bottle guards to make it more healthy and nutritious.
Serve with tomato chutney, coriander chutney, Idli powder, and chicken curry.
Making in the non-Indian Kitchen:
- Substitute rice flour and Semolina for corn starch / Corn flour.
- Use a blender to grind the ingredients.
- Use a skillet to make this dosa.