Instant Oats Dosa, can be made within 15- 20 minutes from start to finish. Bored with same old oatmeal and oats porridge? then you should try this recipe with just three ingredients.
This recipe yields crispier yet soft dosas, which just melts in your mouth. These dosas are similar to crispier Rava Dosas but with much lesser cooking oil.
The base flour can be made in bulk, which in further reduces much of preparation time. So whenever needed, so add water to the flour and start making crispier dosas at any time.
Oats has become global ingredient, and all the nutritionist and the multinational company's advertisements urge us for sifting to fibrous oats. In an attempt to create new recipes with oats, I have already come up with the quinoa dosa?
One cup of oats has 26 grams of protein and a good source of Potassium, Iron, magnesium, Vitamin A, B-6. To consume all the goodness, we need not necessarily make porridge all the time to be healthy.
There are tonnes of ways to customize oats and this Instant oats dosa recipe is for the people who do not wish to take the regular gooey oats porridge. Get into this instant crispy oats dosa recipe and feel the difference.
Instant oats dosa
- Using mixer grinder/ blender, add oats, rice flour, semolina, and salt.
- Grind it to fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl add ground flour and water. The batter has to be in the running consistency (similar to Rava dosa batter).
- Keep it aside for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat dosa pan/skillet over the stove.
- Grease and drizzle the pan with ¼ teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Take ⅓ cup of batter and hold it about 8 inches away from the pan. And start pouring evenly in the circular motion. And make sure the surface of the pan covers with the batter evenly with the same thickness.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro(but adding coriander leaves is optional). Drizzle half a teaspoon of oil over the batter.
- Keep the stove in medium to slow flame. Allow it to cook and becomes crispy.
- Once the dosa starts becoming golden brown in color, flip and continue to cook on the other side.
- Once it turns golden brown on the both the sides, remove it from the pan and serve hot.
- Serve along with chutney, sambar, tomato chutney, Idli powder, or chicken curry.
Tips and Variations
- Try adding chopped onion as topping. If you are planning to add chopped onions in this Instant oats dosa, Please follow this method. (i) Heat the pan, drizzle cooking oil, sprinkle chopped onion. On top of it pour the batter. This way, chopped onion will not fall apart and will stick to the dosa like in the restaurants.
- Add cumin seeds, whole black peppers, ajwain for the variations.
- Add grated carrots, grated bottle guards to make it further more healthy and nutritious.
Serve along with tomato chutney, coriander chutney, Idli powder, chicken curry.
Making in the non-Indian Kitchen:
- Substitute rice flour and Semolina to corn starch / Corn flour.
- Use blender to grind the ingredients.
- Use skillet to make this dosa.