It's a really great fun in customizing a food, this Oats Adai Recipe one of its kind. I have used instant oats, to get firmer pancakes I have added rice flour and corn flour can also be substituted in its absence.
Studies reveal that we should not skip breakfast for a healthier life. Breakfasts can be little smaller portions but should be filling too. there are 4 long hours are between breakfast and lunch.
The in between carving makes us run towards the refrigerator, pull out something and pushes it straight into our stomach. This carving is the huge enemy in any diet programs. Fiber rich food is the only solution to overcome this problem.
Wikipedia says, 'Oats is rich in soluble fiber than any other grain'. It's a really great fun in customizing a food, this is one of its kind. I have used instant oats, to get firmer adai, I have added rice flour and corn flour can also be substituted in its absence.
How to make Oats Adai Recipe:
1. Assemble instant oats, rice flour, chopped onion making the pancake/adai.
2. Mix all the above ingredients with little salt and water to form a thicker consistency.
3. In a hot pan on a medium flame spread a scoop of flour mix with wet hands. Watch out, the pan is too hot. If you are unable to manage the heat, then gently spread the flour mix with the flat ladle to form an evenly flat round pancake. Drizzle a few drops of oil on it.
4. Once got cooked flip it to get cooked on the other side too. You may lower the flame to get a little crispier adai / pancakes.
5. Oats Adai does not require any chutney or syrup.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
- 1 cup oats quick
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- 1/4 cup water +2-4 tbsp
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- In the blender jar, add oats and pulse until it becomes a corase powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, crushed oats, rice flour, chopped onion, cilantro, salt, and water.
- Mix well until it becomes a thick batter. And set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, in a griddle, take half of the batter and spread evenly with wet hands.
- Then drizzle a teaspoon of vegetable oil around the adai.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the edges becomes golden brown.
- Flip it to the other side and cook again for 3 minutes or until it become crispy and golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with pickles.
Serve as a breakfast or for heavy tea time snack.
Tips and Variations for Oats Adai Recipe:
Add grated carrot, grated cabbage or capsicum for the different flavor.