It’s a really great fun in customizing a food, this Oats Adai Recipe one of its kind. I have used instant oats, to get firmer pancakes I have added rice flour and corn flour can also be substituted in its absence.
Studies reveal that we should not skip breakfast for a healthier life. Breakfasts can be little smaller portions but should be filling too. there is 4 long hours are between breakfast and lunch. The in between carving makes us run towards the refrigerator, pull out something and pushes it straight into our stomach. This carving is the huge enemy in any diet programs. Fiber rich food is the only solution to overcome this problem.
Wikipedia says, ‘Oats is rich in soluble fiber than any other grain and resulting in slower digestion and the extended sensation of fullness’. It’s a really great fun in customizing a food, this is one of its kind. I have used instant oats, to get firmer adai, I have added rice flour and corn flour can also be substituted in its absence.
How to make Oats Adai Recipe:
1. Assemble instant oats, rice flour, chopped onion making the pancake/adai.
2. Mix all the above ingredients with little salt and water to form a thicker consistency.
3. In a hot pan in a medium flame, spread a scoop of flour mix with wet hands. Watch out, the pan is too hot. If you are unable to manage the heat, then gently spread the flour mix with the flat ladle to form an evenly flat round pancakes. Drizzle few drops of oil on it.
4. Once got cooked flip it to get cooked on the other side too. You may lower the flame to get little crispier adai / pancakes.
5. Oats Adai does not require any chutney or syrup.
Oats Adai Recipe
- 1 Cup of Instant Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp of Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped cilantro / Coriander leaves optional
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of Cooking oil
- Mix all the above ingredients with little salt and water to form a thicker consistency.
In a hot pan in a medium flame, spread flour mix with wet hands. Then drizzle few drops of oil on it.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes and flip it to the other side until it is completely done.
Serve as a breakfast or for heavy tea time snack.
Tips and Variations for Oats Adai Recipe:
Add grated carrot, grated cabbage or capsicum for the different flavor.