Instant Vada, which can be made under 15 min, is an instant recipe to surprise the guest. The important and interesting aspect of this recipe can be made with available ingredients at home very easily.
The important and interesting aspect of this recipe can be made with available ingredients at home instantly. Many of us always store maida and rava in our kitchen shelves.
Maida and baking soda are the main ingredients here, and others are optional and adjust all other ingredients according to your taste and availability of time.
Do not forget to look into other snacking recipes like Crispy Samosas.
If you do not have time to chop the veggies, you can also use your mixer grinder to make the coarse cut. Fill the mixer jar starting with ginger, onion, and followed by the leaves, run it for a few seconds.
Make sure, you are not ending up in making a watery paste.
How to make Instant vada
Wash and clean onion, chili, curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, and chili and chop them well.
Combine maida, rava, curd, baking powder to the chopped ingredients with salt and little water.
Keep the dough in an airtight container or wrapped up in cling paper for about 10-20 minutes.
Heat cooking oil in a pan. Pat the combined flour to flat little circles and drop them in the hot oil after two minutes reduce the flame to medium and let it get inside as well. Flip them occasionally.
Keep them in a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil. Serve instant vada with coconut chutney, or coriander chutney.
Other recipes you may like,
- 1 cup all purpose flour maida
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup sooji /rava/semolina
- 2 tablespoon onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili /serrano pepper-chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro /coriander leaves-chopped
- ½ cup yogurt /curd
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 11/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tablespoon water or as required
- Combine all purpose flour, sooji, onion, green chili, ginger, curry leaves, cilantro, yogurt, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Add a tablespoon of water a time and combine to make a thick dough.
- Close it with a lid and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, place a frying pan. And add vegetable oil.
- Meanwhile, divide the dough into lime sized balls.
- Over a wax paper, place a ball and pat to make flat circles.
- When the oil reaches 350F(to test this, drop a tiny bit of dough, it should start floating to the top with bubbles), slide the dough circles one by one, without crowding the pan.
- Flip occasionally and deep fry until it is crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat the frying process for the remaining batches as well.
- Keep them in kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve instant vada with coconut chutney.
Tips and Variations:
Add finely chopped fresh coconut for more crunchiness. It adds a different flavor to the vadas.