Felt tired of non-stop ingredient listed recipes? this Cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe is super simple to make and delicious to eat.
Can you imagine a recipe requires very few basic ingredients at you might have already in the kitchen? Try this Applebee's copycat recipe, definitely, it will not disappoint you.
I took a small break for a while just to strengthen this blog on the technical side. Thanks, friends for all your email and Facebook inquiries. I do not wish to fill the posts with all junks and useless info, I stood little away, took a deep breath and coming back here again with this cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe.
I made use of my break time to explore trying various cuisines and food in other states and as well in other countries. And now it's time to rethink and rediscover in my kitchen.
When I'm talking about recreating the popular food, I definitely wanted to share this recipe with my favorite restaurant. I would not say this is the copycat recipe of Applebee's cedar grilled lemon chicken. But this is an inspirational recipe for the above.
I can hear you asking whether this post is loaded with tons of information?, No, not at all..this is just another piece of information, which could minimize the amount of time you spend in the kitchen, in the process of making inspiring dishes.
Chicken is always a pampered ingredient, which can amalgamate with any supportive ingredients and can transform into entirely a new dish. In this recipe, I went with the thinly sliced chicken breasts, which gets cooked quickly when compared to other parts of the chicken.
Give a final wash with vinegar to remove any foul smell from the chicken pieces. This is the basic tip, which I always follow if my recipe does not require ginger and garlic. My son would bounce back the chicken plates if it has traces of foul smell. So I always make it as a routine with vinegar wash or ginger and garlic addition.
This cedar grilled lemon chicken is best suited for the chicken breasts, chicken tenderloin. I love to have Rotini Pasta along with this chicken.
How to serve cedar grilled lemon chicken recipe
- Serve this chicken sizzling hot over cedar plank for more intense flavors.
- Serving with the fresh salad makes it a full meal.
- Serving with quinoa or wild rice makes it more restaurant-like. However, this flavorful chicken tastes good with some simple garden salad like fresco salad.
- Serve as the appetizer or as a side dish.
- To remove the foul smell of the chicken, wash it with vinegar.
- Decide the cooking time as per the thickness of the chicken.
- Leaving the chicken in the grill for a longer time will lead to dry the chicken.
Lemon grilled chicken best to pair with
Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 pieces chicken breast thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 6 slice lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, lemon juice, dried basil, and salt. And allow them to rest for 20 minutes.
- In the Griller, chicken slices and lemon slices.
- And cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot over cedar plank.
Searching for a drink to be served along with this recipe? check out this non-alcoholic Orange Punch recipe.