I learned this mouth watering fish kuzhambu / fish curry recipe from my MIL, who excels in non-vegetarian dishes. This recipe is best suitable for the sea breed fish (Pomfret, King Fish, etc.,)
I came up with another recipe of Arachuvitta Meen Kuzhmabu could also equally good when compared to this meen kuzhambu.
Are you searching for other authentic recipes, then do visit brown rice puttu recipe.
fish kuzhambu / fish curry recipe
- 1 Tamarind Lemon sized
- 1 tsp Vadagam
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of Gingelly Oil
- Soak tamarind in water till it becomes soft and tender. Extract tamarind juice from the pulp. Fry vadagam in oil followed by onion and bring it to the room temperature.
- Grind fried onions, vadagam with grated coconut to a coarse paste...and add it to the extracted tamarind juice...add chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Bring it to boil or 5-6 min and then add cleaned fish and boil for another 4-5 min till the fish gets cooked. Before removing from the stove add 2 tablespoonfuls of gingelly oil. Now Fish Kuzhambu / Fish Curry is ready to be served with Steamed Rice
1. Serve it along with hot steamed white rice.
2. The left over kuzhambu can be used as side dish for Idlis and dosas.
3. Normally, we use the left over kuzhambu for dinner as the side dish for kal-dosas.
Tips and Variations for Meen Kozhambu:
1. If vadagam is not available, heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, chopped garlic wait till it gets splutter. Use this in replace of vadagam.
refer how to make vadagam in pepper bowl.
2. Adjust the thickness with the coconut.
3. If you are making larger quantities multiply its ingredient’s proportions.