Motichoor Ladoo Recipe yeilds soft, with perfect sweet level. Easier to make and perfect for making in large quantities for family gatherings or potluck parties or friends reunion or for any occasions you name it.
Anyone out there, who turns back for sweets like me? then you should definitely give it a try to 'MothiChur Laddoo'. You believe me, you may turn as Laddoo Lover like me. I'm not a big fan of sweets.
I always taste it with a pinch, yeah it is the maximum I can consume. But when it came to these good looking laddoos, my hands automatically grabs few of them.
Anyone out there, who turns back for sweets like me? then you should definitely give it a try to 'MothiChur Laddoo'. The typical, soft mothichur laddoos are easily fall apart with visible pearls, when tweaked.
This can be a best Diwali sweet to impress everyone with no much efforts. Making sugar syrups is the one and only important step in this recipe. Single thread consistency is needed, so that soft laddoos to be achieved.
How to make Motichoor laddu
1. Combine besan, sooji and food color with water to form honey-thick liquid consistency.
2. With a sieve remove any excess lumps.
3. On the other side, to make sugar syrup add sugar and water. Add water little by little, to the exact level of sugar on the vessel, to say in other words, the sugar has to just immersed in water.
4. Bring it to boil in high flame for 2 minute and in slower flame till it forms single thread consistency. Need to be very cautious here, as the sugar soon changes into different consistencies in very short span of time. Use wooden spoons for stirring, it is easier for testing, by sampling at the back of the spoon. Add cardamom powder and keep aside.
5. Heat pan with oil. Once the oil becomes hot, keep slotted ladle just above the hot oil and pour a spoonful of batter gently so that pearls fall evenly over the oil. Do not overcrowd the pan.
6. Rest all the fried pearls / boondhies over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Fry them in batches.
7. Once the frying process is completed, mix it with the sugar syrup we made. The syrup should be a little warm, neither hot or cold. Leave them for 15-20 minutes so that boondhies absorb sugar syrup completely.
8. Run the food processor or blender for a minute or two, to gently grind the sugar absorbed boondhies. Do not grind too much here, the boondhies has to be split into 2-3 pieces.
9. Remove it from the food processor, add cucumber seeds/ broken cashews. Start making laddoos with hands. To make perfect sphere-shaped laddoos, wet your hands with little hot water.
Store MotiChoor Ladoo in airtight container. Easy and simple sweet is ready to serve.
Other desserts you may like,
Motichoor Ladoo Recipe
For the batter
- 2 cup besan / chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoon sooji /semolina / rava
- 1 pinch orange food color optional
- 11/2 cup water
For the sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 11/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ cup cucumber seeds or cashew nuts
For the batter
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, sooji, food color, and water.
- And combine well to form smooth honey-like consistency. Set aside
For the sugar syrup
- On the other side, In a pan, add sugar and water.
- Bring it to boil in high flame for 2 minute and reduce to low heat.
- Wait till it reaches a single thread consistency. Add lemon juice and cardamom powder.
- Stir well and keep aside.
For the frying
- Over medium heat, keep a frying pan and add vegetable oil.
- Once the oil becomes hot, keep slotted ladle just above the hot oil and pour a spoonful of batter gently so that pearls falls evenly over the oil. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Fry till boondies are cooked well. Transfer to the kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Rinse and repeat the prccess for the remaining batches.
Soaking in the sugar syrup
- When the syrup is warm, add the fried boondhi to the sugar syrup.
- Stir well until, and set aside for 15 minutes till boondhi absorbs sugar syrup completely.
Make the laddu
- Then add it to the food processor. And pulse for a minute to split each pearl into 2-3 pieces.
- Remove it from the food processor, add cucumber seeds.
- Start making laddoos with hands. To make perfect sphere shaped laddoos, wet your hands with little hot water.
- Store in air tight container..
Tips and Variations for Motichoor ladoo Recipe:
Add silver foil to make it like you bought from your famous sweet shop.
Add pumpkin seeds or cucumber seeds if you wish.Do not forget to look into other recipes like, Badhusha Recipe, Sandesh Recipe.