This Mushroom Vegetable Noodles Recipe is the right choice to make after the hectic schedule. And the secret is it is super easy to prepare too.
My Family asked me to prepare simple food for lunch, But I wanted it to be healthy lunch…Huh ha…So I have got so much of time for taking snaps also. You may also check Vegetable Noodles recipe for more variations.
Why this mushroom noodles can become your favorite
- The first reason, it is made with loads of vegetables.
- This super simple recipe is made with minimal ingredients by keeping the focus on the healthy mushroom.
- Cooking mushroom with simple spices makes it more delicious.
- Mushroom texture makes it perfect to have with noodles’ ultimate texture.
- The simple method of cooking makes it easy to pack for lunch or super helpful to make in the dinner after a tiresome day.
- Pleases the entire family, from the children to the adult.
- Have scope for trying out various choices. Ultimate customizations are possible to the level of your thinking.
- Pick your protein and make this as your wholesome dinner.
- This is a vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free dish.
- Made with loads of vegetables, and thus it is packed with high nutrients.
How to prepare mushroom noodles
- Mushroom belongs to the fungus family. So wash multiple times until it is seen clearly without any dirt.
- You may also use canned mushrooms. When using this, keep them for a second under running water to discard the liquid it came along with.
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Slice them thinly like a match stick. This Jullian cut vegetables enhances the look when combined with noodles.
- Cook the noodles as per the package instructions.
Variations for this simple vegan noodles recipe
- The vegetables mentioned in this post are basic and for your reference. The vegetable choice is unlimited. And use the vegetables that are in season and available to you at the moment of making. Broccoli, snow peas, daikon radish, corn kernels are the some the names to list.
- If you prefer minimizing the spice level, swap black pepper with white pepper.
- Make this recipe a low-carb version by replacing the noodles with store bought low carb pasta or noodles.
- Add protein like chicken, tofu, paneer, chickpea, seafood to transform to nutritious and satisfying food
- Sprinkle soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of sriracha sauce to turn this hot and spicy.
- Add a few drops of white vinegar or lemon juice to add the little zing to this recipe.
- Make it with available vegetables in your pantry.
- Add white pepper powder for making this recipe little spicier.
How to cook
Cooking noodles– Cook the noodles as per its instruction on the carton. Every noodle is thickness is different, and hence the cooking time also changes. Add half a teaspoon of cooking oil in the water, helps to remain unsticky.
Stir fry vegetables– It is always a good idea to use a big pan like a wok, to avoid splatterings. Add the cooking oil and minced garlic. Garlic adds fragrance and appetitive. Then add the vegetables according to the time it takes to cook. Like add the green beans first and add the carrots finely.
Combine-Once the vegetables are done, add noodles and combine them gently.
Season– Finally season it with black pepper. If you prefer to add in hot sauce and toss. Serve hot.
Mushroom Vegetable Noodles Recipe
- 1 pocket Noodles
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 cup mixed pepper yellow, green capsicum
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and clean all the vegetables.
- Chop them in lengthwise.
- Cook noodles(preferably Hakka noodles) in boiling water 2-3 min till it half cooked. Drain hot water. And immediately pass it through running cold water, which stops from further cooking.
- Heat oil in the pan, add chopped garlic saute for a minute. Followed by mushrooms and cook it till mushrooms become tender by stirring continuously.
- Then add drained noodles following all the vegetables except spring onions.
- Saute for 2-3 min, in high flame till noodles and the sliced vegetables get blended well. Use wooden ladles and handle the noodles gently, as it gets mushy with vigorous actions.
- Serve mushroom noodles with hot chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
Do not forget to check out another Indo-Chinese recipe, try this Szechuan Noodles, here in PepperBowl.
1. Serve as a lunch or dinner.
2. Serve along with Indo-Chinese side dish recipes like chili chicken, chicken/gobi/mushroom Manchurian, Scheshwan chicken