This spicy mushroom noodles recipe is the right choice to make after the hectic schedule. And the secret is it is super easy to prepare too.
My Family asked me to prepare simple food for lunch, But I wanted it to be healthy lunch...Huh ha...So I have got so much time for taking pictures as well.
Why spicy mushroom noodles?
- The first reason, it is made with loads of vegetables.
- This super simple recipe is made with minimal ingredients by keeping the focus on the healthy mushroom.
- Cooking mushrooms with simple spices makes it more delicious.
- Mushroom texture makes it perfect to have with noodles' ultimate texture.
- The simple method of cooking makes it easy to pack for lunch or super helpful to make in the dinner after a tiresome day.
- Pleases the entire family.
- Have scope for trying out various choices. Ultimate customizations are possible to the level of your thinking.
- Pick your protein and make this as your wholesome dinner.
- This spicy mushroom noodles recipe is a vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free dish.
- Made with loads of vegetables, and thus it is packed with high nutrients.
- Mushroom belongs to the fungus family. So wash multiple times until it is seen clearly without any dirt.
- You may also use canned mushrooms. When using this, keep them for a second under running water to discard the liquid it came along with.
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Slice them thinly like a match stick. This Jullian cut vegetables enhances the look when combined with noodles and makes the spicy mushroom noodles look great.
- Cook the noodles as per the package instructions.
- The vegetables mentioned in this spicy mushroom noodles are basic and for your reference. The vegetable choice is unlimited. And use the vegetables that are in season and available to you at the moment of making. Broccoli, snow peas, daikon radish, corn kernels are some of the names to list.
- If you prefer minimizing the spice level, swap Sriracha sauce with mild hot pepper sauce.
- Make this recipe a low-carb version by replacing the noodles with store-bought low carb pasta or noodles.
- Add protein like chicken, tofu, paneer, chickpea, seafood to transform to nutritious and satisfying food
- Sprinkle soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of sriracha sauce to turn this hot and spicy.
- Add a few drops of white vinegar or lemon juice to add the little zing to this recipe.
- Make it with available vegetables in your pantry.
- Add white pepper powder for making this recipe a little spicier.
How to cook
Cooking noodles. The first step in making spicy mushroom noodles is to cook the noodles as per its instruction on the carton. Every noodle is thickness is different, and hence the cooking time also changes. Add half a teaspoon of cooking oil in the water, which helps to remain unsticky.
Stir fry vegetables. It is always a good idea to use a big pan like a wok, to avoid splatterings. Add the cooking oil and minced garlic. Garlic adds fragrance and appetitive. Then add the vegetables according to the time it takes to cook. Like add the green beans first and add the carrots finely.
Combine. Once the vegetables are done, add noodles and combine them gently.
Serve. Finally, season it with black pepper if your prefer and serve hot.
Printable recipe card
Spicy mushroom noodles
For cooking noodles
- 1 lb noodles
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup carrot julienne cut
- ½ cup green pepper julienne cut
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Chop the green pepper thin lengthwise strips(julienne cut).
- Over high heat, place a saucepot, and add water and bring it to rolling boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 8 minutes or until it is ¾th done.
- Drain the hot water. And immediately pass the noodles through running cold water to stop cooking from further.
For stir frying
- Over medium heat, in a pan, add minced garlic saute for a minute.
- Then toss mushroom slices. And cook it till mushrooms become tender by stirring occasionally.
- Then green pepper, cabbage, and carrot. Toss for 2 minutes or until it is fragrant.
- Then add noodles, Sriracha sauce, and soy sauce.
- Over high heat, saute for 3 minutes or until the noodles blends with other ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with sriracha sauce or tomato ketchup.
Do not forget to check out another Indo-Chinese recipe, try this Szechuan Noodles, here in PepperBowl.
1. Serve as a lunch or dinner.
2. Serve along with Indo-Chinese side dish recipes like chili chicken, chicken/gobi/mushroom Manchurian, Scheshwan chicken