Oats and whole wheat pancake with banana, a super healthy breakfast. Gives full feeling, energetic to kick start the day. Nowadays, even healthy everyday food needs an commercial advertisements to make the people aware and remember.
So, I'm here with a big bold speakers to tell you that these pancake are healthy and simple, made with whole wheat flour, oats, and banana.
I know it is really hard for some of you to make pancake, here I'm discussing the easier ways for making pancakes with step by step pictures.
Everyone's breakfast table are loaded with big boxes of cereal, which I'm not here to say they are unhealthy, but we do not know the ingredients they add to maintain their shelf live and maintain their taste for longer time.
What if we can make healthy breakfast where the preparation and cooking time is lesser.
Oatmeal is not my favorite, so I try to incorporate the goodness of oats into my diet in other forms. Here, the same way, I have added crushed and powdered old fashioned oats, which are fiber rich and good to have it in morning hours.
And whole wheat flour is used instead of all purpose flour.
How to make Oats and Whole Wheat pancake with Banana:
1. In a blender jar, add 1 cup of old fashioned oats, 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour, 1 pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Pulse the machine for few seconds, until oats gets powdered. Hint: you can adjust salt and sugar according to your individual preference.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour mixture with ½ a cup of 1% milk. Whisk it for a minute.
3. Heat, iron skillet / any other nonstick skillet in medium-low flame. Drizzle a few drops of cooking oil and coat evenly the surface of the pan. Hint: I'm using my well seasoned 8" cast iron pan.
4. Pour ⅓ cup of batter over the skillet. And again drizzle few drops of cooking oil over the edges. Hint: This makes easier to lift and flip from pan.
5. Wait for few seconds, until you see small bubbles popping over the surface. Hint: the pancakes gets burnt on the sides easily so, keep an eye.
6. Flip the pancake to the other side. And continue to cook for another couple of minutes. Hint: Use a perfect flat spatula to flip the pancake. First start lifting from the edges.Run your spatula to go round and release the edges that sticking to the pan. A good non stick pan or a well seasoned iron skillet would ease your job.
7. Once get cooked on both the sides, and turns golden brown, transfer it to the serving plate.
8. And serve along with slices of banana and with your syrup. Hint: I have added a tsp of Nutella as a topping.
Tips and Variations:
- For the variation, Try adding qninoa flour, flax seed flour etc instead of whole wheat flour.
- Add coconut flakes or crushed almonds to add more texture to these pancakes.
Serving Suggestions for Oats and Whole Wheat pancake with Banana:
- Serve along with your favorite syrup, maple syrup, blueberry syrup, simple syrup, or honey.
- Serving with fresh fruits would be more nutritious.
- Thinking of serving kids, then add a generous amount of whipped cream/ butter.
Other breakfast recipes,
- Pineapple Bread Recipe
- Canned coconut milk chia pudding
- Pesto Garlic Bread
- Nutella Stuffed Pancake Poppers
- Breakfast recipes
oats and whole wheat crepe with banana
- 1 cup oats old fashioned
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ cup milk preferably 1% milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for drizzling
- In a blender jar, add a cup of old fashioned oats, whole wheat flour, salt and brown sugar.
- Pulse the machine for few seconds, until oats gets powdered.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour mixture with ½ a cup of milk. Whisk it for a minute.
- Heat, iron skillet / any other non stick skillet in medium-slow flame. Drizzle few drops of cooking oil and coat evenly the surface of the pan.
- Pour ⅓ cup of batter over the skillet.
- And again drizzle few drops of cooking oil over the edges.
- Wait for few seconds, until you see small bubbles popping over the surface.
- Flip and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Once it turns to golden brown both the sides, transfer it to the serving plate.
- serve along with slices of banana and with syrup.