The Papaya Milkshake recipe is super simple and easy to make, and no doubt it's very delicious as well. With this recipe, we may obtain a smooth, silky, fiber-rich, irresistible midday energy drink.
Adding ice cubes and topping it with whipped cream is purely optional here. And for the sweetened ripened papaya, avoid adding sugar, if you want to cut down some calories and artificial sugars.
Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of many lifestyle diseases. Try to include fresh fruits like kiwi, dragon fruit, apple, or any other fruit and in any form, maybe raw, juices or smoothies.
Papaya is one of the fruit which is fleshy and a perfect midday drink. They are an adorable bright-colored tropical fruit available throughout the year.
How to eat papaya? Well, that's an excellent question. You can slice and consume it as raw, which is the best option.
But what to do, if we want to serve fussy-eating children?
Serve them as smoothies/ milkshakes, salads, however, they prefer. Can we make a milkshake with papaya? Yes, of course, We can. Ripen papayas are perfect for making a drink.
What to do, if the papayas are not ripened and firm to touch? roll them on paper and leave them on the kitchen counter for a few days until they reach the desired condition.
I added sugar and whipped cream topping as I served it to my teen son. But preferably, you can substitute sugar, with a natural sweetener like honey. And It does taste yummy without whipped cream topping, too. So avoid it as well to reduce the calorie intake of papaya milkshake.
How to cut papaya? 1. Wash and clean the papayas; 2. Peel them with the help of a peeler/knife, 3. Cut them into half, 4. Remove all the seeds, 5. scrape the hair-like structures in between roots and the flesh, 6. Cut them into cubes.
Printable recipe card
Papaya Milkshake Recipe
- 1 lb papaya
- 2 cups milk or as required
- 5 teaspoon sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract optional
- 2 tablespoon whipped cream optional
- 1 cup ice cubes or as required
- Wash and peel papaya.
- Cut them into half.
- Remove seeds and the husk.
- Cut them into small sized cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, add these papaya cubes, milk, sugar and Vanilla extract(optional) Hint: I would like have my drink in its original natural flavor, but I have added extra flavor since I'm serving for my son.
- Add these to the blender/mixer, and run it until it forms smooth and silky consistency.
- Add milk according the consistency you prefer for the papaya milkshake.
- Add ice cubes, and top it with whipped cream.
- Serve chilled.
1. Serve chilled and served in tall glasses, which makes it look tempting.
2. You may drizzle some chocolate or caramel sauce on the top for the children.
3. Some chopped walnuts/almonds to make it more wholesome. This will add some texture to the smoothie.
Other fruit drinks,
- Mango juice
- Kiwi juice
- Carrot juice recipe
- Mango pineapple smoothie
- Mango Milkshake
- Fruit drink recipes
Tips and Variations:
1. remove the papaya's seeds and the husk(hair-like structure between the seeds and flesh). They have an unpleasant taste, which may spoil the drink.
2. Add Almond milk, if you want to make it vegan way.
3. If the fruit tastes sweet and ripened well, adjust the sugar we add to this recipe.
4. To inherit all the goodness of the fruit, consume a papaya milkshake immediately.